#1 h8ibs

h8ibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

Advertisement
For those of you who use Imodium....does it cause you to have frequent urination? I've been having a bad IBS flare up the past few days and have been taking Imodium. It helps with the D, but it seems to make me pee a lot. Does this happen to anyone else when you take imodium?

Advertisement

#2 Pamywyner

Pamywyner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

I've been using Immodium on a regular basis for about a year and a half and have never noticed that it causes more frequent urination.

#3 veggiess

veggiess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:27 AM

For those of you who use Imodium....does it cause you to have frequent urination? I've been having a bad IBS flare up the past few days and have been taking Imodium. It helps with the D, but it seems to make me pee a lot. Does this happen to anyone else when you take imodium?

This really isn't a side effect of Immodium. However, it can cause dry mouth, so some people tend to drink more when taking it, which will lead to more urination. : :(

#4 maanders

maanders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:44 AM

I've noticed that also, so you aren't alone! It is rather annoying, but I suppose I'd rather be going to the bathroom to pee! :(
--Melissa

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here