#1 h8ibs

h8ibs

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

Advertisement
For those of you who use Imodium....does it cause you to have frequent urination? I've been having a bad IBS flare up the past few days and have been taking Imodium. It helps with the D, but it seems to make me pee a lot. Does this happen to anyone else when you take imodium?

Advertisement

#2 Pamywyner

Pamywyner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:38 PM

I've been using Immodium on a regular basis for about a year and a half and have never noticed that it causes more frequent urination.

#3 veggiess

veggiess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:27 AM

For those of you who use Imodium....does it cause you to have frequent urination? I've been having a bad IBS flare up the past few days and have been taking Imodium. It helps with the D, but it seems to make me pee a lot. Does this happen to anyone else when you take imodium?

This really isn't a side effect of Immodium. However, it can cause dry mouth, so some people tend to drink more when taking it, which will lead to more urination. : :(

#4 maanders

maanders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:44 AM

I've noticed that also, so you aren't alone! It is rather annoying, but I suppose I'd rather be going to the bathroom to pee! :(
--Melissa

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here