Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Gas through my vagina

41K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Iwillcuremyibs 
#1 ·
Help I am getting that much wind i get a sloppy flatuance through my vagina. It seems to bubble out!! Does anyone else have this horrible sensation? I also get a pain in my right hand lower stomach it feels like a sharp stich, bloating of the stomach and burp alot. I have bloating as well.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I had the same problem for many years after my vaginal hysterectomy. I could distinctly feel gas coming out of two places when I passed wind and the rest of the time I had a lingering hot air sensation coming from the vagina. While I had always had a problem with what we here call 'LG' (constant odor and or hot feeling in rectum) this was definitely something new.I have no doubt that I had some sort of a fistula from the surgery but was unable to get it properly diagnosed so I had to suffer with this for many years. It was hell at work because everybody could smell me across the room. This is the time I ended up in a psychiatrist's office who claimed I was imagining it all and just gave me pills that made me groggy and made it hard to get up in time for work and ultimately caused weight gain which I definitely did not need. I took paxil for about 2 years.I still sometimes get that hot air feeling and a few negative comments but it's not my fault. Am not sure of all of the causes of a fistula- just know mine started with the hysterectomy.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I too felt the same sensation. I do not know what it is. It is called vaginal flatulence.More serious conditionsVaginal gas that involves strong odor or fecal matter may be a result of colovaginal fistula, a serious condition involving a tear between the vagina and colon, which can result from diseases (such as Crohn's disease), surgery, child birth and other causes.[1] This condition can lead to urinary tract infection and other complications. A doctor should be consulted if symptoms of colovaginal fistula occur.This can also be a symptom of an internal female genital prolapse,[2] a condition most often caused by child birth.[3]Air which is forced into the vagina, especially by blowing in order to cause vaginal flatulence during cunnilingus, can cause an air embolism. This is a potentially life-threatening condition for a woman and also for her child if she is pregnant at the time.[4]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_flatulence

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.