2 replies to this topic

#1 millview

millview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

Advertisement
Help I am getting that much wind i get a sloppy flatuance through my vagina. It seems to bubble out!! Does anyone else have this horrible sensation? I also get a pain in my right hand lower stomach it feels like a sharp stich, bloating of the stomach and burp alot. I have bloating as well.

Advertisement

#2 AIRPLANE

AIRPLANE

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

I had the same problem for many years after my vaginal hysterectomy. I could distinctly feel gas coming out of two places when I passed wind and the rest of the time I had a lingering hot air sensation coming from the vagina. While I had always had a problem with what we here call 'LG' (constant odor and or hot feeling in rectum) this was definitely something new.I have no doubt that I had some sort of a fistula from the surgery but was unable to get it properly diagnosed so I had to suffer with this for many years. It was hell at work because everybody could smell me across the room. This is the time I ended up in a psychiatrist's office who claimed I was imagining it all and just gave me pills that made me groggy and made it hard to get up in time for work and ultimately caused weight gain which I definitely did not need. I took paxil for about 2 years.I still sometimes get that hot air feeling and a few negative comments but it's not my fault. Am not sure of all of the causes of a fistula- just know mine started with the hysterectomy.

#3 Iwillcuremyibs

Iwillcuremyibs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

I too felt the same sensation. I do not know what it is. It is called vaginal flatulence.More serious conditionsVaginal gas that involves strong odor or fecal matter may be a result of colovaginal fistula, a serious condition involving a tear between the vagina and colon, which can result from diseases (such as Crohn's disease), surgery, child birth and other causes.[1] This condition can lead to urinary tract infection and other complications. A doctor should be consulted if symptoms of colovaginal fistula occur.This can also be a symptom of an internal female genital prolapse,[2] a condition most often caused by child birth.[3]Air which is forced into the vagina, especially by blowing in order to cause vaginal flatulence during cunnilingus, can cause an air embolism. This is a potentially life-threatening condition for a woman and also for her child if she is pregnant at the time.[4]http://en.wikipedia....inal_flatulence

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here