3 replies to this topic

#1 Janmik

Janmik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

Advertisement
There are times wherein when i smoke cigarettes, I had a feeling of going to the cr. Does cigarette have laxative effect?

Advertisement

#2 Titania

Titania

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

I understand that nicotine, and other substances in cigarettes are stimulants that go directly to your nervous system. So that is why smoking stimulates your gut. T.

#3 Patient

Patient

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

Nicotine causes your stomach to contract, which is the reason it would make you need to use the bathroom sometimes when you smoke. I experience the same thing, it's fairly annoying. I believe this is also one of the many reasons women who are pregnant shouldn't smoke, because it can cause premature labor.
"You must walk through hell, to get out of it."

#4 SteeleMagnolia

SteeleMagnolia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:52 AM

There are times wherein when i smoke cigarettes, I had a feeling of going to the cr. Does cigarette have laxative effect?

I am a new nonsmoker----quit 02/18/07-----and constipation & gas seem to go along with nicotine withdrawal. It passes, though/

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here