#1 Lisa68

Lisa68

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

Advertisement
I tried Gas X awhile ago and didn't seem to help much. Im wondering what exactly charco tablets do for you. Does it lessen the gas and bloating feeling?I want one day without this pain. I was only pain free in MAY......ugghAnyone know?Lisa

Advertisement

#2 SeekingHope&Info

SeekingHope&Info

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

I find that the charco caps help with flatulence and bloating, but that they cause horrible, horrible constipation. (I'm alternating C & D, with IE.) I've also read several other comments on the forums that these can cause horrible constipation. I use gas-x regularly. I'm still gassy, I just do this with the hopes that it's keeping it from being worse that it already is.Evelyn

#3 txdavid33

txdavid33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

I tried Gas X awhile ago and didn't seem to help much. Im wondering what exactly charco tablets do for you. Does it lessen the gas and bloating feeling?I want one day without this pain. I was only pain free in MAY......ugghAnyone know?Lisa

I've tried charcocaps, but they did not take away the pain at all. Instead, it turned my stool solid black which was scary. Do you ever get gas pains in your back?

#4 Lisa68

Lisa68

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:06 AM

I've tried charcocaps, but they did not take away the pain at all. Instead, it turned my stool solid black which was scary. Do you ever get gas pains in your back?

I have taken Maylox and that turns your stool solid black too....ikkkk To answer your question, no I have never had gas pains in my back.Lisa

#5 iluvmykids4

iluvmykids4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

I used to have constant gas problems ALL day long. How embarressing when you work in an office setting. I came upon Gas Prevention from Digestive Advantage and have had great results. I take 1 pill in the morning. Very minimal gas now (I guess your nomal amount). Even if I've eaten something that dosen't quite agree the gas is only there for 1/2 or so. I would give this a try. You can get it at your pharmacy, Walmart or on-line.Michelle

#6 Tiger337

Tiger337

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

I have used Gas-X and it doesn't do anything for me. :-(For me, the charcoal tabs cause constipation so I only take 1 tablet at a time only once or twice a day. They do seem to help very much in cutting done the gas. I also use probotics. I like Jarrow Formulas's product. I use Jarro-Dophilus + FOS. I also use Florajen3 (http://www.florajen..../florajen3.html). I am know experimenting with Align (http://www.aligngi.com/about.shtml). I had to order this through the pharmacy. I found the product codes on this page (http://www.aligngi.c...ma_printout.pdf).Good Luck!!Alan

#7 scarlet

scarlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

i stuffer with ibs c to and bloating try peppermint tablets insted copplermint from chemistquite good or rennie wind sellters

#8 thestarrynight

thestarrynight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

One thing to be careful about charcoal tabs is that it can absorb medication you are already taking. So it would be wise to contact a physician if you are taking other medication.

#9 SeekingHope&Info

SeekingHope&Info

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

I also VERY sparingly take the antispasmodic bentyl. I have extreme, constant bowel urgency. It helps with that and also helps with the flatulence for 2-3 hrs. As this also causes constipation, I only take bentyl once or twice a week. I still haven't gotten out to buy Gas Advantage, and look forward to trying that.Evelyn

#10 Lisa68

Lisa68

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:18 AM

I think Im going to pick up some Digestive Advantage and see how that works, the last thing I need is to take charcoal caps and make my meds less effective :(Lisa

#11 Lorettaw

Lorettaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Hi Alan,Align is not a Rx drug its natural ( probiotic - good bacteria ) for convenience they will ship it to your pharmacy for pick up. It really helps a lot for ( gas, bloating, abdominal pain, constipation and diarrea). I was browsing the internet and came across Dr Natura's Colonix - all natural ingredients - its a colon cleanser. If your colon need cleansing it will give off the same symptoms as IBS. Over the years all the food we eat and parasites enter our bodies coats our intestines and causes IBS and other digestive illness we don't hear about this when we go to one doctor after another; and trust me I have. I just order the colon cleanser I will let everyone know the results but, until then check it out on the internet for yourselves it VERY IMPORTANT !!!Lorettaw

#12 BUCKEROO

BUCKEROO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

I did the colonix cleanse about 5 months ago and I'm really happy my girlfriend got it for me. It has really helped me with my symptoms. I am really happy and can say that colonix worked wonders. My girlfriend has also done the cleanse. The both of us found it easy to take and didn't effect our everyday life too much. Just a lot more bm :(. I just thought I would share about my success with colonix.

#13 goldiestar

goldiestar

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

Lorettaw,Have you started the colonix program yet? I have had such great success with that product and I am always interested to hear other people's experiences with colonix. Keep us up to date on your progress. Good Luck!

#14 suz11

suz11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

I have used ginger and it has been a great help with gas. It;s better to get fresh ginger and make tea or if need be, get capsules. Healthier than charcoal although charcoal works for me as well.

#15 Lorettaw

Lorettaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

Hello Buckeroo,Yes I've started the Colonix Cleasing on September 01, 2007. I'm now on day 10; progress started slowly the first 3 days there after lookout!!! Feels like a normal BM until you check it out and realize :( how much BM there is, HOLLLLLY COW !!!!! Peoples you got to try this Dr. Natura's Colonix. We should do this on an regular basis, at least once a year. I know I'am from now on.Lorettaw

#16 Lorettaw

Lorettaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

Hi Goldiestar,I just repiled to Buckeroo, yes I've started the Colonix Cleasing on September 01, 2007. I'm now on my 10 day. Checkout Buckeroo and see my progress. WE should do this on and yearly basis, I know I will. :(

#17 SeekingHope&Info

SeekingHope&Info

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

I finally purchased some Gas Advantage, and it seems to help with the gas and flatulence.My concern is that I don't know if it's adding to my constipation problems or now. I'm alternating D & C with incomplete evacuation. I'm so messed up that I have difficulty telling if what I eat or take adds to my woes.Has anyone else notice if Gas Advantage causes any side effects such as constipation, etc.?Thanks,Evelyn

#18 anne71

anne71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

I've had IBS d for about 12 years, but have gotten much worse in the last year. I've tried a bunch of stuff, and the charcoal didn't help me much. It's supposed to absorb "toxins" in your intestinal tract. I have friends in the medical industry, and one of them gave me an article from a american family physician that listed gas-x as a good remedy for gas. I bought the quick dissolve strips and take one after each meal. It has not eliminated my gas completely, but it has made my occurence less and not as severe. I also eat about 5 altoids with meals to add some peppermint...

#19 Heavenly9918

Heavenly9918

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:11 PM

I have had IBS with diarrhea since I was 19 and I'm 27 now. I have no idea what started it and I can't make it go away. Of course neither can any of the doctors I see. But I have tried different remedies at home. At one point I tried Gas X just to see if it would relieve some of the bloating and pain. It made the diarrhea Much worse. I can't even describe it. So at least I learned something from that one. I stick to Imodium AD, and that is the best I have come up with. Heavenly9918

#20 SneakerPimp

SneakerPimp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Gas-X never did a damn thing for me. Complete and total waste of money.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here