6 replies to this topic

#1 viba

viba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

Advertisement
Has anyone have the problem of sitting down and having pain in your butt and the pain travels up your stomach and chest? If anyone knows what this is please let me know. Thanks much.

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,853 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

http://www.emedicine...in/page3_em.htmLook at the Levator ani syndrome info.

The pain of levator ani syndrome is felt higher up inside the rectal passage and feels like a tight pressure. The sensation is made worse by sitting and improves with walking or standing. The pain usually lasts 20 minutes or longer and tends to reoccur at regular intervals.

Does that sound like it?K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 viba

viba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

That sounds like it, it goes away after awhile. It wont let me to go the link. What can you do about this? The pain sucks and then my lower back hurts too.Thanks!!

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,853 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

These links have some treatments.http://www.healthsco...8/373/main.htmlhttp://www.medical-l...ni_syndrome.htmSee if they will work for you.K.
Ph.D in Biology

#5 LisaFla

LisaFla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

What about pain that is more in the waistline area? [Mine is more frequently on the left side/descending colon, where I now get most of my spasms.]Clothing with a waistband just kills me and I simply refuse to drive or ride anywhere that will have me in a seated position for more than 10 minutes. Previously dx'd with SI [sacroiliac] pain but now the doctor and I are wondering if it might have more to do with the spasms in my colon.Any advice, info is greatly appreciated.Lisa Kay

#6 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,853 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:56 PM

About the only thing there is the colon so IBS-pain (or other functional problem with the colon) is a likely diagnosis.On the left at the waistband isn't likely to be any of the rectal pain syndromes so that leaves IBS.There are several treatments for IBS pain.K.
Ph.D in Biology

#7 SeekingHope&Info

SeekingHope&Info

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:20 PM

Katleen,You stated that there were several IBS medications. Other than antispasmodics, what are they? I have almost constant pain in my lower left abdomin. It's worst when I'm constipated or have IE, but it's always there even when I am not having those problems. Passing gas always helps some momentarily. Lisa, I also can't stand anything tight around my waist. I dread winter when I will need to wear slacks. I find blue jeans almost untolerable.Evelyn

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here