1 reply to this topic

#1 ArtLady1

ArtLady1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

Advertisement
For the last couple of weeks, I have been getting a flip-flopping sensation in my throat and chest with lots of loud belching...very disconcerting! I do have a mitral valve prolapse. I get a little cough with it. I am also passing lots of gas. I found that Xanax seems to help calm the palpitation. as does Bentyl. Also, I am taking Nexium. I went to my doctor, and my EKG was fine but he thought I am having aerophagia. I have been under a lot of stress recently, but I don't find myself swallowing air. Has anyone had this irregular heartbeat or know if gas can cause this sensation? It is making me scared ...I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Happy New Year :(

Advertisement

#2 Raj

Raj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

[sRAJ regular member I was diagnosed with irregular heartbeat(Atrial Fibrillation ) many years ago am now competely free from it since I am taking Amiodarone prescribed by my cardiologist. I doubt that gas has anything to do with irregular heartbeat. Good luck.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here