2 replies to this topic

#1 babybird

babybird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:26 PM

Advertisement
my friend's little girl who is only 10 years old is starting to have stomach problems. She gets bad stomach aches and smelly burps that make people around her think someone pooed. Sometmes after suffering through this, the little girl will throw up. My friend says her daughter is also constipated and very depressed over this. Anyone know what this could be?

Advertisement

#2 Ashers86

Ashers86

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

You know, I've always hated to admit this (SORRY MOM!!!)...My Mom has had IBS for years (before I did), and I found that whenever she wasn't feeling well, her burps would stink like God-knows-what!That's what I thought when I read your post anyways... It's just not a "natural" smell for a burp...I'm not sure, but it might have something to do with acid reflux when your stomachs acting up?
IBS-D since October 2006; officially diagnosed with IBS in November 2006. Switch to C in May - December 2008 caused by anti-depressants.
Current health issues: Depression, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Asthma/Allergies, IBS, & GERD.
Current Daily Medications: Prozac 20mg, Prevacid 30mg, Seroquel XR 25mg.

#3 eric

eric

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,983 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

The smell is probably from bad mouth bacteria.She needs to be seen by a doctor and have blood and stool work done.
I am not a doctor. All information I present is for educational purposes only and should not be subsituted for the advise of a qualified health care provider.

Please make sure you have your symptoms diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a doctor.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here