2 replies to this topic

#1 Hyacinth

Hyacinth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 01:11 PM

Advertisement
I am having trouble discerning the difference in Probiotics and Chlorella. From what I have read from postings here and other info on the www, these two substances seem to do basically the same thing, only in different ways? Simplistically, they clean out the bad bacteria and encourage the good? Is there any reason to take both? I would appreciate clarification on this.

Advertisement

#2 honichou

honichou

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 05:43 PM

quote:
I am having trouble discerning the difference in Probiotics and Chlorella. From what I have read from postings here and other info on the www, these two substances seem to do basically the same thing, only in different ways? Simplistically, they clean out the bad bacteria and encourage the good? Is there any reason to take both? I would appreciate clarification on this.
One major difference is that chlorella contains chlorophyll. Chlorophyll contains magnesium. Magnesium has lots of properties addressed in many threads on this BB.

#3 honichou

honichou

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 01:40 AM

I wanted to correct what I had written above. I spoke with a chemist. Chlorophyll has a magnesium molecule in the middle of its structure, but that apparently does not account for why it may help with C. Chlrophyll itself is a biologically active substance, and any effect it has is due to its own properties, and not because it happens to contain a magensium molecule.Steven

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here