#1 teach

teach

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:21 AM

Advertisement
Besides the written diarrhea, are there any other side effects people have experienced when taking Miralx? Has anyone had issues with bladder spasms? Teach

Advertisement

#2 guenever

guenever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

I felt bloated and I also felt like it was too strong.

#3 lorilou

lorilou

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

best to take at night before bed- makes your tummy gurgle and all sorts of noise- I take two doses at night so I get double whammyed but it makes me go great along with help of MOM so really dont care- may cause gas but for me not bad b/c it is at night while I sleep and the next am i get rid of it all- I dont think Im any more blaoted than Ive ever been- I bloated with fiber too. some days I feel more blaoted thatn others and I think it has more to do with what I eat than the meds.hope this helpsLori

#4 teach

teach

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks... when u take the normal dose... will it make you "go" alot more than once a day???

#5 guenever

guenever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:23 PM

I just found myself going to the BR several times and then going, but spending a lot of time straining to get rid of little bits. Then I could still go without a BM for three days even though I was taking six fiber caps, 2 colace, and prune juice.... :(

#6 lorilou

lorilou

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

I have learned by experiment that if I induce watery d. I go good and after 4-5 times within the first two hours up in the am I am done for the day- I donot visit the potty again till next day.I donot think one normal dose of miralax will leave you going all day- it doesnt give me d. either- its when i take two doses plus a full cap of MOM that I get that effect.

#7 guenever

guenever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

Maybe I should give it another shot. I just miss my zelnorm so much. It was a miracle drug. I am so tired of having a good day equal going and a not so good day equal not going.

#8 xgracex

xgracex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

The only side-effect I had was that it didn't work. :( I swear it (possibly) made me worse.
Love covers over a multitude of sins.

#9 heidiw

heidiw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

i've been taking it for almost a year...and have had no side effects from it....I tried to wean myself off and start acacia fiber but fiber bloats me up so bad...I'm sticking with Miralax until the clinical study calls me for a new trial...fingers are crossed

#10 Maureen L

Maureen L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

Hi, I have been on Miralax for about a week and a half. And no real progress. I take that at night along with my fiber caps. Those I take two per day. But no improvement any where. Bloating? Yes I have had bloating for years no matter what I take. Not much real pain. Once in a while. But not often.If it gets real bad (the pain) I take 2 Ducolax. And the next day I do feel better. But then it takes me about a week and a half to get back on track again just to make one BM. I hate IBS.Any suggestions what I can use saftely with Miralax to produce a BM daily?Maureen

#11 Boo Boo

Boo Boo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

I'm new to this site. I take Miralax every day and it works for me. I really haven't had any side effects, it just keeps me soft enought to pass. It worked better in the beginning, but I have been on it for over a year and now I am lucky if I can get 1 BM a day with it. I am always looking for something else. I was just on the Colocerin website, has anyone used this? I have been on Zelnorm, Amateza, herbals, Colon Cleanses etc. They work for a while, but then stop. I quit my job as I can go a week without a BM and then end up bent in half, bleeding hemroids the whole works! It has definitely put a toll on my life with two kids and a husband. Limits vacations, trips etc. very depressing. I just hate waking up in pain 24/7 and not knowing when the next episode is going to come. I can be fine one minute and the next be in pain and it won't stop until I go and that could take hours. I look at my husband who goes 4-5 + a day with no problems and wish I could go 1-2 x a day and be happy! If anyone has any suggestions, please write back. :(

#12 Dancing Queen

Dancing Queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

I take Miralax twice a day, morning and night. It does nothing by itself, so I also take Milk of Mag twice a day. Then I spend the day going in and out of bathroom with running stool. Not much comes out, just a little each time. Every couple of days I give myself a break from the MoM, and dont go to the bathroom at all, until I start up again and it takes a couple of days to start. I hate this.

#13 xgracex

xgracex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:22 AM

My GI suggested that I try Miralax (again). Once a day, for at least a couple weeks. If my stools become runny, cut back a bit (every other day, or 1/2 cap every day). I've been doing it backwards, though, for a week (1/2 cap eod). No real improvement so far, so I will *sigh* try once a day for a week and see how that works for me.When I take Miralax, though, my poo has the sensation of feeling... gluey. Like, I imagine that if I were taking a 1/2 cap of Elmers Glue each morning, I would have the same effect.
Love covers over a multitude of sins.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here