#1 Rowe2

Rowe2

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

Advertisement
I have a slow mobility in my digestive track unless I am hit with an occasional D episode. Just wondering if anyone has experienced shortness of breath due to trapped gas in the stomach or small intestines..I have a lot of gas from the colon. I'm IBS C/D and lean to be more constipated than D.. :(

Advertisement

#2 SpAsMaN*

SpAsMaN*

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:09 AM

You can use Dulcolax to empty your bowel and then you will know if the gas pressure is the culprit.I warn you tho,Dulcolax is a laxative and you can get cramps and sudden diarrhea.It happen 4-8 hours after you take it and can last for 2 days.Personally,i don't have problem with breathing and i'm Mr.gas.
---------------------------------
-->IBS INDUCED BY NSAIDS NAPROXEN
-->NSAIDS YOU SUCKS!!!
-Permanent discomfort/cecum&sigmoid stuck/trapped gas-
---->IBS-Type constipation normal transit time(diagnose with non-relaxing puborectalis december 2005)
--->Pubic nevralgia
***WORST PERMANENTLY SINCE RIFAXIMIN

#3 Rowe2

Rowe2

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thanks Spasman..btw..I wish I could get in to that position on your avatar, again. This arthritis has me so stiff I do good to get up out of the floor from trying. :(

#4 eric

eric

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 23,983 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi Rowe, sometimes the contractions can effect the diaphragm and breathing, but this might be something to mention to your doctor perhaps. Its not unheard of though.
I am not a doctor. All information I present is for educational purposes only and should not be subsituted for the advise of a qualified health care provider.

Please make sure you have your symptoms diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a doctor.

#5 madman

madman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

Answering you shortness of breath question...yes it can. I had that issue April/May of 2007. I didn't know what it was and it frightened me a little. I felt like I could not get a deep enough breath. It really sucked to be frank. I remember Mt biking and feeling like I could not get a deep breath. That made me aware of the sensation and it focused on it for weeks. Man it was horrible. But it passed. I have it off and on now but knowing what it is makes it easier to deal with. I have C/D with mostly C as well. I think, now I could be wrong here, it is the bloat of gas from being constipated.At least this is my experience. If you start experiencing chronic coughing or unusual pain I would get it checked out.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here