Advertisement

Photo

Incomplete evacuation / sticky stools ...need new ideas!

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 chitownguitar123

chitownguitar123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Advertisement
Hello all -- Despite many experiments, I have been unable to resolve my issue: long semi-thin sticky stools that only come out about 95% of the way, and the remaining 5% causes severe irritation. I jump in the shower, spray that area down with a hand-held shower head on the powerful thin stream setting until a little water gets in there, then hop on the toilet and the rest comes out very easily -- usually 1-2 very thing pieces. Then I go on with my day. Obviously, this is no way to go through life -- I can't just shower in the middle of the day every day, not to mention issues when traveling and not having a hand-held shower head. Now, this is definitely not diarrhea -- the stools are formed. They're just soft/sticky and sometimes on the thin side. Kind of like constipation, but I have 1-2 BM's per day and can get it all out with the use of the shower head. This happens pretty much every day, and I notice than when I have a BM in the morning or early afternoon, it happens every time. If I somehow (uncomfortably) manage to hold it until the late afternoon, it's not as bad. If I have a BM before I go to bed, it almost never happens (the incompleteness). Also, when I go in the morning, sometimes I have to go a second time even an hour later and the second BM is still fairly large.Overall, it feels like things are going through my system / coming out too fast...plus they're sticky so they're not coming out completely. Back when I was "normal" 5+ years ago, I would go once a day and it was almost always in the early afternoon. But now I have this urgency shortly after awakening in the morning, and it feels like it's coming out too fast, etc. Help!Things I have tried and their results:--Culturelle/iFlora/Florastor: no noticeable difference--Benefiber/metamucil/citrucel: gave me diarrhea, slow motion diarrhea, abdominal pain, more frequent trips to the bathroom most of which were quite uncomfortable--Caltrate: no noticeable difference--Colonoscopy/endoscopy: nothing out of the ordinary was found...did biopsies on stomach and small intestine--Lactose intolerance test: not lactose intolerant--Blood test for celiac disease: don't have it--Stool sample test: not sure what they tested for, but didn't find anything--Clidinium: on it currently, no difference whatsoeverMy GI doctor seems to be out of ideas, since it's not really diarrhea or constipation. Anyone have any ideas of things I can/should try to get my system back to normal? I'm thinking of trying colon hydrotherapy -- anyone done that? Also, I'm thinking maybe it's a fiber issue, but maybe I haven't been doing the right things with fiber? I have a banana with breakfast every day. Maybe I need to eat fiber at different times of day? Also, a helpful fellow forum member mentioned I should try Provex and the fiber from Melaeuca...any thoughts on that? Thanks for any thoughts and advice!!Peter

Advertisement

#2 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hi Peter,I sent you a PM with some eBay listings.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#3 chitownguitar123

chitownguitar123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

Yes, thank you, I will check those out. Just curious if any of the other forum members have additional ideas of things I can try.Thanks,Peter

#4 Rowe2

Rowe2

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hello and welcome to the site!! I thought I'd typed this message for an instant. :) I've been on this board for a good while, and never seen anyone else say they did the shower spray thingy until you!Is this not the pits? My husband calls it a peanut butter bowel movement..LOL..that's what it feels like because I can't wipe enough to get all clean. I jump in the shower, and like you, I have to spray to get the rest out. It is not always like this, but I hate the days it is.I'm not sure what the colon thing is your talking about, but I'd like to know more. I sure wish we oould come up with an answer.. :( I'll be waiting and watching with you!Again, welcome!!Mark..I'm going to order the product you use when I can. Being unemployed for a year is the pits, too, when it come to needing extra money to spend on myself. :)

#5 bones20

bones20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

I have the same problem. could you please PM the suggestion too?thanks

#6 chitownguitar123

chitownguitar123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

Glad/sorry to hear that there are others out there with the same issue. Anyone have ideas on things we can try?

#7 pioneergal

pioneergal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hi! I'm having the same sticky problem! Could you please send )Private Message) me the info on the product available on eBay, too? Thanks!

#8 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hi! I'm having the same sticky problem! Could you please send )Private Message) me the info on the product available on eBay, too? Thanks!

It is sent.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#9 SpAsMaN*

SpAsMaN*

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:02 AM

Already 1000+ views...wow...
---------------------------------
-->IBS INDUCED BY NSAIDS NAPROXEN
-->NSAIDS YOU SUCKS!!!
-Permanent discomfort/cecum&sigmoid stuck/trapped gas-
---->IBS-Type constipation normal transit time(diagnose with non-relaxing puborectalis december 2005)
--->Pubic nevralgia
***WORST PERMANENTLY SINCE RIFAXIMIN

#10 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

Already 1000+ views...wow...

I cannot believe that I am the only one of those thousand who has found a way to eliminate these problems. Surely there must be other things besides the two products I use...Mark

#11 smil

smil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

There is avery easy solution for this, baby fresh wipes. Does the trick every time

#12 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:46 PM

I also developed some useful clean-up practices, which involved a lot more than just wipes, although they are useful and a box still sits on my toilet. For me, the point of this was to eliminate the problem. Mark

#13 lovesnuno

lovesnuno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:13 AM

Could you also PM me about what you are purchasing on ebay? I went from IBS D to IBS C and now have this problem. I really need some help!thank you

#14 LVMFT01

LVMFT01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:25 AM

Found this forum searching for answers to my imcomplete evacuation symptoms. First, It's nice to know that I am not the only person who uses the hand held shower head routine. Sometimes I'm amazed at all the stuff remaining in my colon. Have been searching and searching on the net and there just doesn't seem to be much info about this problem. I did find one site that had some useful information:http://www.medterms....articlekey=5564From all that I have read, it appears that there is no one single answer to this issue. Wish there were, sometimes, it is a royal pain in the A**! (forgive the pun)Thanks to all of you for having the courage to discuss this issue openly.

#15 linds_

linds_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:04 AM

Hi Peter,How have your expirements gone? Did you find something that works?I'm in the *exact* situation as you (for several years...). I gave up for a while and am once again re-visiting the issue looking for a solution.Trying Calcium again, didn't seem to work last time but giving it another shot.2 things you can try:Slippery ElmGround Flaxseed/linseed (not the oil)These 2 seem to coat the stools so they exit smoothly (great visual). I'm going to try each of them in combination with Calcium and immodium.

#16 DJ35

DJ35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:19 AM

This sounds just like me. My family are sick of my compaints I'm sure. Anti-spasm drugs (colifac) helped with pain. Definately avoid too much fibre, also made my problem worse. I must admitt I have tried every known remedy, but my neighbor introduced me to Dandilion Tea. Not the leaves, a freeze dried looking coffee tasting drink. Downside for me its a little too sweet. Within a week of drinking 2-3 cups a day with a little milk I have hard ones again and clean 1st wipe. I have since read the benfits online and cannot believe someone hadn't told me about this sooner. Good LuckDonna

#17 pdean11

pdean11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:59 AM

Hi Mark,I am wondering if you would be so kind as to send me the info on the product you said has worked for you that you purchased on ebay?Thanks,PJ

#18 chenke

chenke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hummm, seems to have lost my post. Anyway, Mark I'd be grateful if you could also PM me with what you found on ebay. Thanks again!Cindy

#19 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Cindy and PJ, I have sent you both a PM.Cheers,Mark

#20 havingissues

havingissues

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:05 AM

I've been having the same issues for over a year now and am interested in what you have found. Would you please PM me with what you found.Thanks

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here