1 reply to this topic

#1 jgurl228

jgurl228

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

Advertisement
So I've been dealing with IBS for the past 4 years. Lately I have been seeing a lot of improvements and I haven't had diarrhea nearly as often as I used to. However, as soon as I wake up in the morning I eat a bowl of cereal and have a bowel movement 10 minutes afterwards. Then I feel as if my stomach is empty so I eat something else, such as a banana. Then 10 minutes after I have another bowel movement. This goes on until the early afternoon...a cycle of eating and then a bowel movement. I am not sure if I should be eating more food or if I should try to let my stomach settle down a bit. Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,397 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

The colon is in every human more active in the morning.There is a burst of activity after eating which can prompt a bowel movement in IBSers. The colon should be more active after eating in everyone, but usually in people without IBS it isn't getting everything to the end for a bowel movement after every meal.If you always feel hungry you might have the stomach checked out. Hunger pains (stomach feeling empty) can be a symptom of gastritis.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 All rights reserved IBS Self Help and Support Group

Website Monitoring by: AlertBot

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here