1 reply to this topic

#1 jgurl228

jgurl228

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

Advertisement
So I've been dealing with IBS for the past 4 years. Lately I have been seeing a lot of improvements and I haven't had diarrhea nearly as often as I used to. However, as soon as I wake up in the morning I eat a bowl of cereal and have a bowel movement 10 minutes afterwards. Then I feel as if my stomach is empty so I eat something else, such as a banana. Then 10 minutes after I have another bowel movement. This goes on until the early afternoon...a cycle of eating and then a bowel movement. I am not sure if I should be eating more food or if I should try to let my stomach settle down a bit. Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34,861 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

The colon is in every human more active in the morning.There is a burst of activity after eating which can prompt a bowel movement in IBSers. The colon should be more active after eating in everyone, but usually in people without IBS it isn't getting everything to the end for a bowel movement after every meal.If you always feel hungry you might have the stomach checked out. Hunger pains (stomach feeling empty) can be a symptom of gastritis.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here