3 replies to this topic

#1 Item

Item

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

Advertisement
I've been pretty constipated over the past few days.This lunch time I tried half a sachet of Picolax. Evan though its working, it's been bretty slow - now 6 hours later, I'm still going to the bathroom, and I don't feel that its really clearing me out. I should say that I been eating a fair amount of dietary fibre over the last few days, and I know this can reduce the efficacy of the laxative. Could this be reason why?Also, I had a meal (with fibre) 1hr after taking the preparation - could this have had an effect?Should I continue to refrain from eating?Will this all subside by Monday - I have to go into work.Anybody know where to get hold of Fleet Enemas in the UK?

Advertisement

#2 Item

Item

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Anyone?

#3 riddick

riddick

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hi there.i always thought fleet enemas had to be prescribed....i also thought that about picolax too (evil stuff)..if that doesn't work i think you need a stick of dynamite!

#4 momadam

momadam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

Hi riddickI just stumbled across your thread when you answered someones question about pico salax. You said it was "evil stuff". I heard that it was the best prep to use when preping for a colonoscopy. I am not happy about having to drink a gallon of salt water so I have been trying to find the most tolerable prep. I have heard several other comments stating how "evil" the effects are with it. Is it any worse than any other products that people have used? I am sure that none of the preps are pleasant once you get to the potty phase. Any comments?Thanks,Carolyn

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here