4 replies to this topic

#1 cody-collum

cody-collum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

Advertisement
does anybody else have problems eatin dairy products?i find dat every time i have cheese or have milk with my cereal i get relly bad pains and get terriable diarrhea. :( :) :) -_- -_- -_-

Advertisement

#2 Bazzy

Bazzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

If this is the case, then I would definitely consider getting tested for Lactose Intolerance. I am Lactose Intolerant myself those are 2 of the effects dairy has on me. Dairy doesn't always agree with people that have IBS, but this sounds like a bit more than that.

#3 overitnow

overitnow

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

I used to be pretty much the same way, but it was just IBS and a sensitivity to milk. As well as getting tested, you might try substituting soy or rice milk. I "lived" on soy substitutes until I discovered supplementation. Once I got the D under control, the problems with milk just slowly went away.Mark
My story of beating IBS and my other chronic conditions: http://www.ibsgroup....total-wellness/

#4 Volleyball Girl

Volleyball Girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

If I were you, Id consider getting tested for lactose intolerance just to be safe, and if its not its just ibs causing you those symptomes. My lactose test came up negative so I adjusted my diet with a bit of skim milk for my ceral but other than that, I prety much had to give up on all dairy product (other than some exceptions when ill put a bit of cheese on something after having a good week). Its not easy to give up dairy products at first (I still crave ice cream) but I also know that if i did eat too much id be up all night yelling in pain. Its just a suggestion from what i experienced, so you can test your colon from time to time to see how much lactose you can tolerate.I hope this helps you out a bit!!!!!Melissa (a.k.a Volleyball Girl)

#5 stennienotebook

stennienotebook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

I have the same problem. Well that and a problem with soy. You should definitely get checked for lactose intolerance. There is a pretty easy test to check and see... I think it involves drinking something lactose-y and breathing into a machine but I could be wrong. If you find out you do have this problem it is not as bad as it may originally seem. I can't do any dairy ( I actually have an allergy) or soy but there are other products... try rice milk, almond milk, or hemp milk (you won't get high... sorry : D) some rice milk brands also make 'rice-cream' it tastes just like ice cream and it rocks. Hope this helps a little

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here