5 replies to this topic

#1 SeaDoo

SeaDoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:07 AM

Advertisement
Hi all!I started out having "wet farts" as my gastro called them where I would push out watery spray when I farted...and i had a lot of gas. During this time I was very constipated. When I would have a BM, it would be like rabbit turds. Very hard and cause swelling in my rectum.After trying several cleansers, I now have long skinny BM. Sometimes they sink to the bottom and sometime they float. I never have a normal sized BM...always like passing toothpaste. In both cases I have to wipe a lot. I wipe about 6 to 10 times then return an hour later and wipe some more. Then later I wipe some more. Sometimes after waking up the next morning, I find I still need to wipe. Sometimes what I wipe out is excrement and sometimes its a sticky watery substance. My gastro told me to take some ammodium...that didn't help. I've tried all the different forms of fiber...some work for a while and some don't. I tried cleansers again since that got me to having a BM rather than "watery farts" but that did not get it any better. I also tried a bentonite cleanse and psyllium...nothing. I also tried dieting...nothing. What would cause me to have a skinny BM? I do know if I take a full dose of Candex (Candida cleanser) I get a huge BM and little wiping afterward. I finished the Candex cleanse and things returned to skinny BM and multiple wiping. Can anyone help?

Advertisement

#2 finefingers

finefingers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 01:01 AM

Not a doctor or anything but this may help. You could have swelling in your rectum which gives you "toothpaste poop". If you really want your doctor to look into it more. tell 'him' that you wake up at night with it and are extremly uncomfortable. are you itchy down there at all? See if you can get a barium enema if you haven't had one already. Will show if you are swelling.

#3 SeaDoo

SeaDoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the reply. I have had a scope and a barium enema, both showed everything was normal. The BMs are very soft and watery. I haven't had the rectum swelling since the beginning with the "watery farts". Every now and then I have diarrhea that will cause swelling, but that is usually due to some homeopathic remedy I am trying. I went out and bought KAK Super Enzymes, but that seemed to make my BM even more soft and watery so I stopped. I thought for a long time that this was IBS, in the beginning I had gas, bloating, pain, and for the most part constipation. I now have a BM everyday, but they are soft and watery requiring multiple wipes. After a BM, I usually can not due any type of physical activity due to having to wipe multiple times to get it to stop.

#4 Tiara33

Tiara33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 05:56 PM

I haven't had watery farts, but I do have all kinds of BM. Big ones, little ones. What I found that works is drinking a lot of water makes them as 'normal' as possible. It takes a few days, but once I have a normal one at least a feel better for quite awhile. I hope this helps and good luck!

#5 SeaDoo

SeaDoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:06 PM

I've been taking Ammodium (generic half a tablet) for a week now and my BM are still soft and mushy. Wiping creates a mess and I still have to wipe for up to 3 - 4 hours afterward to get it all. Is it possible my stomach/intestines are creating an over abundant amount of mucus which is making my BM soft? I am also trying a probiotic by KAL (3 different strains) that I got from the the health store. If I do have an over abundance of bad bacteria, will the good bacteria over populate/consume the bad if I continue to take probiotics?

#6 senior citizen

senior citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

I finally found a Dr who explained the ribbon bm's. It is a narrowing somewhere in the colon and I had to increase fiber in order to expand that narrow part. It has taken me six weeks of metamucil wafers, miralax and donnatal to conquer it, but after many years, I am getting myself to a normal state. Citracell and others are good, but don't give you much fiber in each dose, so you have to take it three times a day. Yuk. I was afraid to eat because I didn't want an impacted colon, but treatment for me was just the opposite - eat lots of fiber foods - veggies, fruit, prunes, etc. It is a nuisance, but worth the effort. Ask your doctor to take an x-ray to be sure you don't have a stricture somewhere that should be addressed. It's always a good idea to check with your doctor before you start to self-medicate. Hannah

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here