146 replies to this topic

#1 d681

d681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Advertisement
A while ago, a girl with LG said that her doctor prescribed her a probiotic called florastor (you take it twice a day) and multivitamin pills (taken once a day) and in about 4 days she stopped getting LG and also her anus stopped feeling warm when she was around people.I bought florastor and multivitamins (Super Nutrition Simply One Men Iron Free) and took both every day and as long as I was taking them, I never had LG or FBO and I didn’t even get any signs from people (before, people would sniff and cough and cover their mouths around me). In addition to taking florastor and multivitamin pills, I also took a probiotic called primadophilus reuteri twice a day (it is only $10 for 30 pills) and I also took fish oil pills (by nordic naturals). While I was taking these things, I ate some problem foods once a week (like sweets) and they didn’t cause any problems.It has been a couple of weeks since I stopped taking florastor (I still take the multivitamin pills) and I haven’t had LG come back.I highly recommend that everyone here try taking florastor with mulvitamins for at least 1 month to see if it can cure your LG. Some people who have tried the candida diet had their LG cured, but it hasn’t worked for everyone. So far, it seems that only me and that other girl have tried florastor and multivitamins, and it worked for both of us.If more people try out the florastor and multivitamins method and it works, then we can spread the word and tell others that this is a good solution to the problem.If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them (ask them in this thread or send me a private message).Here are some links:Florastor (it can also be found on ebay):http://www.amazon.co...V...7836&sr=8-1The multivitamin pills that I took:http://www.iherb.com...?pid=12361&at=0The probiotics that I took (primadophilus reuteri):http://www.amazon.co...p...7931&sr=1-1The fish oil that I took:http://www.amazon.co...g...7906&sr=8-1

Advertisement

#2 workinghard

workinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

what kind of time frame before you saw results? are you saying this girl found relief immediately after starting this regimen?

#3 MrClean

MrClean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

I just but the multi vitamins and florastor but i got the maximum strength kind, Do you think it will work the same as the kind you got?

#4 d681

d681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

The girl said that the smell went away after 4 days. I only get symptoms at school (so does she), and I started taking it 1 week before school started, and by the time school started, I never had any smells. The occasional warm feeling in my anus also went away eventually, but I'm not sure how long it took.Me and the girl bought the regular kind, but since both kinds of florastor have the same organism in them, it shouldn't make a difference. I'm guessing maximum strength has more, but I'm not sure.If you start taking your florastor and multivitamins, let everyone know how your symptoms are after your florastor runs out.

#5 workinghard

workinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

i got some ordered. i tried florastor once before- but that was before i found out how severely lactose intolerant i am. i'll post back if any results happen. *crosses fingers*

#6 d681

d681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

You should get the multivitamins as well, since they will contribute to curing the leaky gas.

#7 workinghard

workinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:00 AM

For sure. I didn't mention that one yet b/c I can just pick it up at the supermarket.In a way, this fits with other cures posted before. One person claims that drinking multiple gatorades each day helped him: that fits w/ the multivitamin. And florastor is a probiotic yeast so it could replace pathenogenic yeasts in the GI tract: fits with candida diet. It seems like a pattern is starting to form w/ ppl who have cured themselves.Also, I forgot to say "thanks" for posting this. It is nice that people with success come back and post their fixes.

#8 Motive

Motive

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

lol maybe its not a good thing that one post on this forum can persuade me to buy a product but since threelac and even fivelac have had no noticeable effect on my problem whatsoever ill try florastor(it was recommended by my GI a while back but i ignored it) ill definitely report the results and im already on the candida diet and taking more supplements than i care to admit so if its going to help it will. im leaving for walgreens now =)

#9 Motive

Motive

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

well walgreens didnt have it so i ordered it from amazon. my question is now that your LG free, do you stay lg free when you eat bad stuff now that you've taken the probiotic for a month? and what type of diet were you on when you took them?

#10 workinghard

workinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

lol maybe its not a good thing that one post on this forum can persuade me to buy a product

I know the feeling :( .To be honest I'm not holding my breath that this will work-- no offense to the poster or those it has helped. I've just tried too many things at this point to get excited. I def wouldnt mind if it worked though :)

#11 Motive

Motive

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

Well im not sure about other peoples symptoms but the candida diet and anti candida medications have shown promising results over time. and now im at least 50-70% better than i was when i began this journey and i have faith that these probiotics will put me over the mark i hope to reach. Ask and you will receive. keep your spirits high and don't lose faith. Thats more important than taking all the supplements in the world. now for the hard part... putting my head down and getting through a week or so of work waiting for delivery =P i got this. "The lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" i read that after asking for strength =) good luck homies.

#12 d681

d681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

my question is now that your LG free, do you stay lg free when you eat bad stuff now that you've taken the probiotic for a month? and what type of diet were you on when you took them?--------------------So far, I am LG free even when I eat things that are bad for LG (I do it once a week).When I was taking florastor, I avoided sugar. I basically ate shredded wheat cereal, rye crackers, almond butter, chicken and fish, raw garlic, turkey sandwiches at the school cafeteria (but only with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions and no spread or cheese), broccoli, 1 serving of fruit per day (mostly raspberries). Sometimes I ate salad (spring mix salad with green beans and olive oil).

#13 Motive

Motive

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

woot! i got the reuteri(sp?) and the florastor in just a min ago so i took one of each. i guess ill take another of the reuteri later to copy what you did. i have high hopes and i would also like to thank you for coming back and giving us hope. =) ill let you guys know how its going in a few days.

#14 NeedSuggestions

NeedSuggestions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hello.Here's another website regarding Florastor. Click on "where to buy" if you want to buy from a store instead of online.http://www.florastor...cle.asp?id=1142I plan to try this soon.

#15 d681

d681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:18 PM

I took florastor and reuteri twice a day. I took florastor at 8:00am (after breakfast) and 7:00pm (about an hour before dinner). I took reuteri at 8:00am (after breakfast) and at 11:00pm (an hour before bed). Reuteri recommends one capsule per day, but I took two because I wanted a larger dose of probiotics. You HAVE to take 2 florastors per day, though, because that is what the instructions say.

#16 livinfachrist

livinfachrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

Has anyone who has tried florastor notice any increase in gas or bloating after taking it?

#17 ibssufferer360

ibssufferer360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

Has anyone who has tried florastor notice any increase in gas or bloating after taking it?

When I first started taking Floraster, it made my gas and bloating much worse. I went off of it and started a regular probiotic. Then, when I went back on Floraster the extra gas problem did not happen anymore. I'm thinking it was probably a die-off reaction from candida and that the probiotic slowly worked to reduce some candida so that when I went back on Florastor much of it had already died. I still get extra gas when I take Nystatin, Diflucan, garlic, or Threelac. I only get the gas die-off when I'm on candida killers.Hope this helps.

#18 Motive

Motive

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

nice to see your treating it. what kind of doctor perscribed you those meds and how long have you been on these antifungals? any results yet? i know diflucan helped me but after my script ended i cheated a lot and so im working my way back to where i was.

#19 workinghard

workinghard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

i've been taking florastor now for about 4 days. i did get an increase is gas as my stomach adjusted to the new probiotic, but its hasnt been a bad transition. i had to switch multivitamins, so i dont want to say whether this has helped or not yet. i bought a cheap multi and it wasnit digesting very well...

#20 Motive

Motive

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

today marks 7 days and though it wasn't the maricle cure for me like it was for others it is showing posative effects. my thinking is that maybe the "warm feeling" d describes is the culprit with my LG so with more time on florastor im sure it will go away just as his did. im going to stop it for 5 or so days while i take nystatin and go back to florastor afterwards. lol eating broccoli 2-3 times a day doesnt even bother me anymore. GL with you diets guys! stick to it.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2014 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here