Pain Management and Stress - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Pain Management and Stress

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 12:04 AM

Advertisement
Well my year of suffering from this awful condition is finally getting better. Right now I'm in horrific pain, but I find if I put my mind on something else it helps. I've been studying pain management and going to meetings on stress. I'm just barely into this program on pain management and I'm amazed at my progress. I'm measuring pain levels and mood at the same time. If your mood is happy, your pain is not so bad. Our brains get bored easliy, so if you can distract your brain, you forget about the pain. My pain is pretty bad right now but I went out and gardening for awhile, and totally did NOT feel any pain..not it's back. The other day I was feeling lousy and got invited out. That made me excited so I went, the pain was still there but because I was distracted it wasn't so bad. OH, I found the best distraction...Shopping...he he. Anyways I'm just starting the book, "How To Manage Pain Before It Manages You" by Margaret Caudill, which was recommeeded by my counselor. If this helps one person suffering the pain I've been through, it will make me very happy. I've also got an appointment to see a pain special. He's so busy my appointment is not for a month. Good luck to all my fellow IBS'ers and never give up searching for anything that can help you.Love,Patty

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here