Fybogel Mebeverine - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fybogel Mebeverine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 butterfly:)

butterfly:)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

Advertisement
I have just been prescribed Fybogel Mebeverine. I dont know if this is available outside of the UK, but it is a sachet of a powder and granules that is stirred into water and drunk. It contains ispaghula husk and mebeverine hydrochloride.To those who have taken it before- did you have the problem of the larger orange granules being left at the bottom of the glass even after you had stirred it? They dont seem to dissolve like the powder, and even when I try to drink it quickly they get left behind.Is it okay to add a bit more water to them and drink the rest?I am guessing it is the mebeverine that is the granules, and if so it is important that I take the full dose.

#2 loopy1

loopy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

I've just had about two months on the same stuff and had the same problem. In general what did you think of it? I found seemed to slow down my digestive transit quite well and I end up in the toilet much less often.However it also seems to have caused even more gas and bloating than I had before so I'm going to stop taking it.

#3 Colette111

Colette111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

I was prescribed these as well, I actually found them to be a hindrance I.e I felt it slowed my digestive system a little too much! I just take the original fybogel now (without mebeverine) and have mebeverine tablets (and other anti-spasmodics) for when necessary. It's fine to add in extra water if there are granules left at the bottom, there's no maximum water amount for these sachets, just a minimum. Make sure you take the sachet early on in the day and drink plenty of water throughout the day :-)

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here