Took me years to realize that IBS is a problem where there is still a lot unknown - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Took me years to realize that IBS is a problem where there is still a lot unknown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Very Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5767 posts

Posted 14 January 2001 - 05:17 PM

Advertisement
It took me years to realize that ibs is a problem where there is still a lotthat is unknown and that there are in fact multiple causes so I have had tomake changes in lifestyle and occupation. Changes in lifestyle have beennot to let myself worry about everything so much and deciding to let my kidslearn to take care of themselves. What has kept me going has been adecision to turn to doing something I used to enjoy doing and still likedoing, which is writing. I have written and published a lot of things inprint and on the internet http://trbell.tripod.com/lifedesigns/publicat.htm I've also started an exhibition space for others who suffer from chronicillness and have used art, poetry, or webpoetry as a way of dealing withproblems http://members.tripod.com/~trbell/metaphor/metapho.htm I've also decided that I'll continue to see clients but it won't be asmany and it will be on my terms and not on insurance companys' terms. I'mnot making as much money but I'm also not working as much, and when I feeldown I can write or go for a walk.tom bell

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here