I'm 90% sure this wetness/sweating around my anus has something to do with my odor - Page 2 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I'm 90% sure this wetness/sweating around my anus has something to do with my odor

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Beet

Beet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Muchas Gracias Nakir22 & Nathan for the videos and extensive info. Can I ask how long have you been doing these exercises & vit E? Are you cured or almost cured? About how long until you get the vacuum effect? Is anyone else on here going to try these too???

#22 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

I gathered what info on hypopressive exercises there is available in english...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypopressive_exerciseInteresting theories, but I would point out that there is very little evidence compared to regular pelvic floor muscle training (aka Kegel exercises). It is easy to look at the pics and vids without understanding the key aspect of these exercises, which is that the stomach contraction is involuntary/reflex rather than voluntary.To Nathan, as I try to remind many people, the causes of rectal odor (specifically here we seem to be talking about involuntary passage of gas rather than mucous discharge) are many. The diagnosis and treatment in any single case may not represent all cases...

#23 WTF

WTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hello there, I think I might have found what is causing my odor... Basically, everytime I seem to stink my anus feels wet/moist. I am not sure if it is sweat (could easily be), but seems to be concentrated around my anal region (whilst often the rest of my body feels dry although I can sweat a lot- the thing which makes me think it might be sweat is ebcause it seems a little worse when anxious. Usually my boxers are wet, sometimes even within 10 minutes of changing into a clean set of clothes after I have had a shower and dried myself all over. It doesn't make sense, why am I getting so much sweat or whatever, which feels almost like a leaking feeling when it does occur. I can only smell the odor myself when I wipe myself, as I do to constantly dry my anus as it feels really damp, and the wet patch which often appears on my boxers doesn't smell like sweat, more like ###### ?!?! What is happening? I will list all of my symptoms, and if anyone could help me that would be great!!

• "Leaking" feeling - sweat/mositure - mostly colourless, seems to be causing odor, worse when anxious - this really bothers me as I believe the odor seems to start when this starts - people only seem to react when I get this feeling
  • The urge to empty my bowels if often strong, not a gradual feeling like I used to get
  • I get much more gas than I used to, often straight after eating
  • I get a sort of belching, though quite mild
  • Bowel habits are unpredictable, sometimes constipated so miss a day, sometimes go 2 or 3 times within a short a period
  • Stools are often wierd shapes, often broken up into pieces, even though I consider myself to have a decent diet, often thin, sometimes small ball shapes
  • Nearly always feel a stool, even if small, left inside me, which I can't get rid of until the next toilet visit
  • My anus sometimes feels relaxed, especially after a toilet visit, as if it hasn't closed properly, but problem with sweating/moisture in this region seems to happen even when it doesn't feel relaxed so don't think that is causing it
  • My bowels seem "noisier" than usual
  • Other problems include that yes I have always sweated a lot, especially suffering with clammy palms and sweaty feet, although they can be fairly dry and my anus feels really wet

I am sure that your problem is in the internal anal sphincter.....when the internal anal sphincter is weak your rectum is in a contact with the atmosphere although your anus is closed.....You are not wet but you feel you are wet because of the difference in the temperature between the atmosphere and the rectum..

#24 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

I am sure that your problem is in the internal anal sphincter.....when the internal anal sphincter is weak your rectum is in a contact with the atmosphere although your anus is closed.....You are not wet but you feel you are wet because of the difference in the temperature between the atmosphere and the rectum..

check your sources WTF, the internal sphincter contributes most to the strength of the resting seal (i.e. when not voluntarily contracting the seal). Linked to internal sphincter defect/weakness is leakage of liquid stool or mucus.Weird shapes as in thin stools? Could be obstructed defecation (i.e. most likely anismus, but there are other causes http://en.wikipedia....cted_defecation)...or a bowel obstruction higher up.

#25 aj129

aj129

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hi guys, i'm new to this site and have been diagnosed with ibs after food poisoning. I hwve been having real bad gas but this stinky ass or body odor stuff didn't start until a few weeks ago. eevery time i start smelling my rectum would be very sore and my lower back would start aching. If i rest a lot byy lying down, i find that the smell reduces the next day. eating any oily, junk, sugary, processed foods also triggers it. i have some hemmorroids and have tried creams for it but it hasn't improve. I feel sweaty there too when i stink. I think it might be yeast overgrowth. i ound some white pasty stuff up that stinks. I'm going to try putting some antifungal cream on it.

#26 purorockpesado

purorockpesado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

i have exactly the same problem as you all the symptoms and everything. i have suffer a lot with this cannot go anywhere it sucks . A few years ago a had a colonoscopy, but the doctors didn't find anything wrong with me . A doctor told me it was an anxiety problem and made an appointment with a psychologist but i declined, so i took yoga, meditation techniques and bunch of other stuff but it didn't help. I even try to see a witch doctor but was to scared jajajaj. Anyways if someone knows what the heck this problem is please reply my email is [email protected] and sorry for my bad english.

#27 westr

westr

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

i found something there the other day that i could only be described as a babys fingernail clipping.no idea what it could have been.

#28 10z3r

10z3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Rfairfield is right. I've had the same problem for years, 10 to be accurate. My anus sweats a lot, I usually have external hemorrhoids, and even sometimes anal fissures. The problem is yeast?? OK, to be more accurate, candidiasis !!!! This is the f***ing problem. A lot of people have external hemorrhoids, and don't have FBO, the same with the wetness/sweatness in their anus. Is like, with hot weather, my feet sweat, and also my armpits, but I never had a bad odour problem in those zones, and it's because there's not fungus or yeast in that zone. Our problem, is/was the candida in our guts. Everyone have candida in their organism, but in our case, has grown too much. You want to know if candidiasis is what causes your FBO?? OK, I will give you the cheapest method (for 0 dollars). The first thing you have to do when you wake up, in a glass filled with MINERAL WATER, spit some saliva in the glass, and wait half an hour. If after 1/2 an hour the saliva is still above the water, or below in the glass of water, you don't have candidiasis. If after 1/2 there are white filaments (was my case) in the water, like attached to the saliva, congrats!!! You suffer candidiasis, and there's hope to stop your FBO.

You need to change your diet (no sugar, no food containing yeast... until you're cured, not for the rest of your life, although you need to take care), like Rfairfield says, caprilic acid, or threatments against yeast (better the natural ones), and probiotics are OK, with a good flora in your guts, candidiasis risk, decreases a lot. And one cheap remedy also, is taking a little of sodium bicarbonate daily every other week (because of its properties). If you suffer from candidiasis, start reading more about the diet, antifungal and... others. I give you more or less, a generic recommendation. And let me tell you, even if you suffer IBS, with all of these, you will feel better. Still I have an appoinment with the surgeon, because I want him to remove my external hemorrhoids. 

#29 thickthighs1

thickthighs1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

10z3r
What is the bicarbonate for? I know the yeast is my problem,I want to get rid of this once and for all.

#30 westr

westr

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

pick me a winner.

#31 sthe

sthe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

hi

im also having the same problem what I've noticed I was washing too much my ass, that was damaging the skin alone. what I did I bought cotton wool I dry the place with it and also use powder to keep the area dry. remember if people says you are smelling the only thing you do you over wash the area without realising that you damage the skin ,I saw my girlfriend they don't wash this area as I do, so I skip the day. if you use you common sense children they don't wash their ass we don't complain about the smell. dry land does not smell only wet land that smell.

#32 missjay

missjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

Hello all,

For all those suffering and feeling as if you've come to the end of your tether, I have good news for you. I'm a living testimony that the power of cure is right on your hands. Click the below link to follow my story. You don't have to live in that condition. God's purpose for all human beings is to live a happy and healthy life. Thank you.

http://www.ibsgroup....l-be-cured-now/

#33 Technician

Technician

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

For all those suffering and feeling as if you've come to the end of your tether, I have good news for you. I'm a living testimony that the power of cure is right on your hands.

that's great. missjay,

Is it gone completely?

Could you tell what helped you?

#34 jaimito70

jaimito70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

TRY THIS STOP EATING THINGS THAT HAVE GLUTEN BELIEVE ME IT WORKED FOR ME TILL NOW
I USED TO POOP LIKE FOUR TO FIVE TIMES A DAY AND GET THAT WET ANUS FEELING UNTIL I
READ ABOUT CELIACS DESEASE WICH IS LIKE AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO GLUTEN
NOW I GO ONE TIME TO THE RESTROOM AND MY STOMACH FEELS SO GOOD NOW I FEEL LIKE I
DONT STINK NO MORE SO PLEASE GIVE IT A TRY STOP EATING BREAD,PASTAS,BEER AND THINGS
THAT HAVE GLUTEN

#35 horizonzero

horizonzero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

I and about 5 others on this website have all the exact same symptoms as you ... You need to see a colorectal surgeon because you have internal mucosal prolapse, it's the root cause of every single symptom and I know how hard it is to deal with it. The test used to diagnose it is called a Dynamic MRI/Defecography. When we are nervous our pelvic floor muscles descend causing all the symptoms and making it difficult to have a complete evacuation where motions get stuck and are extremely uncomfortable. I'm going for my defecography test soon after consulting a colorectal then hopefully surgery will be on the cards which apparently seems to be the only solution.

http://www.ibsgroup....pside-down-lol/

http://www.ibsgroup....heres-my-story/

#36 nigol

nigol

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

I and about 5 others on this website have all the exact same symptoms as you ... You need to see a colorectal surgeon because you have internal mucosal prolapse, it's the root cause of every single symptom and I know how hard it is to deal with it. The test used to diagnose it is called a Dynamic MRI/Defecography. When we are nervous our pelvic floor muscles descend causing all the symptoms and making it difficult to have a complete evacuation where motions get stuck and are extremely uncomfortable. I'm going for my defecography test soon after consulting a colorectal then hopefully surgery will be on the cards which apparently seems to be the only solution.

http://www.ibsgroup....pside-down-lol/

http://www.ibsgroup....heres-my-story/

i have this as well, which doctor do i talk to and what tests?

#37 Alli Rami

Alli Rami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

So... does that mean there are more than one hundred thousand people suffering from leaky gas? 

#38 JP27

JP27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

I joined this forum just to reply to this thread. I've never considered myself to have ibs bit I've definitely had b bowel symptoms but pain and constant sweating were my main complaint. My pain was at the left side of my anus and when it was really bad it radiated to my butt cheeks and hamstring. I had crazy anal sweat especially before a BM but also at other time in the day.

Tried baby powder, antifungal creams, constant showering and nothing worked.

Not saying this is the fix for everyone but nerve irritation was the cause for me. The pudendal nerve leaves the spine near the tailbone and travels through the glute and innervates your anus, anal skin, and really the entire genital area. Lots of places for it to be impinged

What really gave me the idea was reading about people with carpal tunnel syndrome (nerve irritation in the forearm) complaining of sweaty hands. Irritation of the nerve can cause sweat.

I've been getting treated my a myofascial release physical therapist for about 2 weeks and haven't had sweat in about a week and a half. My digestive symptoms have worsened slightly and my therapist says this is normal as everything loosens up again and the nerves and muscles get used to working properly again.

Maybe not the issue for everyone but worth looking into.

#39 tsc2345

tsc2345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

***** MAY HAVE FOUND POTENTIAL CURE *****

Hi guys, I just created my account to post this... I have been suffering the exact same problem for over 3 years now and it has been driving me crazy.

It seemed to be particularly bad straight after eating food and drinking coffee - and I was constantly trying to avoid eating certain foods etc I felt triggered it.

In the last 2 weeks I have not changed anything in my diet, and my problem seems to have disappeared. What's changed?

***** I MOVED COUNTRY AND AM NOW DRINKING DIFFERENT TAP WATER ********

I have lived in Australia for the last 3.5 years, and it was during this time I first developed the problem... The water tastes quite a lot different from back home in the UK (more chlorine or different chemicals?). I have been back home in the UK (with a v similar diet) and the problem seems to have stopped. I am even drinking lots of coffee to try and 'trigger' it and nothing!! I have since concluded that it's not the food or coffee that was causing it... but the water I was drinking when eating (almost always tap water) and the water in the coffee! 

I haven't seen anyone post anything like this so I'm hoping that I've discovered a potential cause which will help people be rid of the problem. 

What country are you from? Maybe try swapping to bottled water - including for coffee etc?! Couple this with Fiber tablets (I had some success with these before I came back - although I am not having to use them now) and I HOPE I can help someone.

What country is everyone from? Do you drink the tap water? A lot of beverages / ice etc all use tap water.... I really hope this helps someone !

​Tom :)

#40 Candide

Candide

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

Hey tsc2345, it is good that your symptoms have gone away, I am not sure though if the water was at fault. If it was, there should have been more people with this issue? Anyway, it will be interesting how you'll be doing from now on. Have you considered the difference in tempeture between the countries?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here