London, UK Meetups - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

London, UK Meetups

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mulan122

mulan122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Advertisement
I would like to start a London based Meetup Group and wondered if anyone would be interested in this? I have suffered with IBS-D for 6 years and have never met or talked to anyone with IBS. I think meeting up would be a good way for people to share experiences, support each other and share tips on IBS management.This could be a fun, social group where we do activities together or have a more serious focus where we discuss medical issues and invite different health professionals to speak at our meetings. The location can be agreed upon and I can travel anywhere within London.Please do let me know whether you think this is a good/bad idea by hitting reply or sending me a message.All best wishes.

#2 cw_2009

cw_2009

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

Im not from london, surpose u could chat on here and then all meet up together.Of course would need to be near a toilet lol :-)

I would like to start a London based Meetup Group and wondered if anyone would be interested in this? I have suffered with IBS-D for 6 years and have never met or talked to anyone with IBS. I think meeting up would be a good way for people to share experiences, support each other and share tips on IBS management.This could be a fun, social group where we do activities together or have a more serious focus where we discuss medical issues and invite different health professionals to speak at our meetings. The location can be agreed upon and I can travel anywhere within London.Please do let me know whether you think this is a good/bad idea by hitting reply or sending me a message.All best wishes.

CW_2009

#3 debbie38london

debbie38london

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:10 PM

i live in london and love to meet up with other ibs sufferers

#4 mulan122

mulan122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

That sounds great. Of course I would seek out a suitable venue etc. I read somewhere that we could possibly have free use of a room at the local hospital if enough people signed up to it. Whereabouts in the UK are you based? Is it easy for you to travel to London?

Im not from london, surpose u could chat on here and then all meet up together.Of course would need to be near a toilet lol :-)

#5 mulan122

mulan122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

That's fantastic. Is there an area of London is which particularly easy for you to get to? Do you have any ideas for how the group would be run? I was thinking of contacting all the London based GPs and asking them to let their IBS patients know about the support network once I have managed to organise something more substantial. Do you think this is a good idea?

#6 Magpie10

Magpie10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

That's fantastic. Is there an area of London is which particularly easy for you to get to? Do you have any ideas for how the group would be run? I was thinking of contacting all the London based GPs and asking them to let their IBS patients know about the support network once I have managed to organise something more substantial. Do you think this is a good idea?

I think this is a great idea - would be interested in meeting up anywhere in Zone 1 or 2. Let us know. It would be great to discuss symptoms and possible solutions with others.

#7 Trudles

Trudles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Im from Belvedere, Kent and would definatly be up for a meet =)

#8 totalhysteria

totalhysteria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

Hey,I live just north of Brighton, so count me in (as long as I can drive there, don't do the public transport thing)

#9 selly75

selly75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

Hello,I would like to come as well :)I live in Northamptonshire.
IBS over 15 years. Diagnosed with SIBO in 2011.

#10 cw_2009

cw_2009

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Selly u should set up a northampton meet up group

Hello,I would like to come as well :)I live in Northamptonshire.

CW_2009

#11 TracyT

TracyT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hello. I've just set up a support group in London Bridge. I've listed it on meetups at http://www.meetup.co...-Support-Group/ My intention is to create a positive environment where we can learn new things and support each other. Our first talk is Tuesday 26 July at 7.30pm and is on Managing IBS with Herbs that can Help. Would love to meet up with you. :)

#12 khav

khav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hello. I've just set up a support group in London Bridge. I've listed it on meetups at http://www.meetup.co...-Support-Group/ My intention is to create a positive environment where we can learn new things and support each other. Our first talk is Tuesday 26 July at 7.30pm and is on Managing IBS with Herbs that can Help. Would love to meet up with you. :)

Hi! Was wondering whether this support group was still taking place? I would be interested in joining! Thanks!

#13 jim100

jim100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi All,

Is anyone interested to meetup in London, I live in West London, we can make it in zone 1 or 2.

Regards

#14 jim100

jim100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Bump

#15 Jay Pal

Jay Pal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi I live in West London and I would love to meet up for support.

When do people get together?

#16 Jay Pal

Jay Pal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi All,

Is anyone interested to meetup in London, I live in West London, we can make it in zone 1 or 2.

Regards

Hi I live in zone 5 but I can meet up anywhere in west London. When do you want to meet?

#17 Jay Pal

Jay Pal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi I live in London too! Meeting up is a great idea! When are the meetings?

#18 Anna Cox

Anna Cox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hey,I live just north of Brighton, so count me in (as long as I can drive there, don't do the public transport thing)

Hi,

I've started a Brighton IBS Meetup, you should join (http://www.meetup.co...eetup-Brighton/) its just a really nice chilled bunch of people talking about they're toilet habits and we meet once a month (next on on 22nd Jan). hope to see you there.

Also, any Londoners keen to meet, let me know because I'm planning to start a London one too.

Anna.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here