Research Participants Needed - Research Studies - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Research Participants Needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EleanorB

EleanorB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Advertisement
Hello,My name is Eleanor Bennett and I’m conducting research on the experience of using online support groups for chronic illness, and I’d like to invite anyone reading this IBS forum to take part. To date there has been very little research detailing the journey people take from initially joining a health forum to becoming an established member and beyond, and I’m hoping this research will help bridge that gap.If you would like to take part, then have a look at the survey here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OSG1Also as a thank you for your time you can choose to be entered into a prize draw to win £50 (or US $80) of Amazon Vouchers.If you have any queries or would like a copy of the FAQ then do please message or Email meThank You :)Please note that this research has been given ethical approval by the University of Nottingham UK and is supervised by Dr Neil Coulson, a leading researcher in the use of the internet in people dealing with health issues.

#2 jmc09

jmc09

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1330 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

Ive participated and hope to help the medical profession and other patients understand IBS a little more.Good luckJohn
Diagnosed originally with microscopic colitis in 1992 but no inflammation detected on subsequent colonoscopies,so IBS diagnosed. Hoping to share my personal opinions and experiences to help others and become more aware myself. No medical training at all.

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

yes, i completed the survey, too. thanks Eleanor, for conducting this very important research and for giving us the opportunity to participate.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 EleanorB

EleanorB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Thank you for your responses :)For anybody else who might be interested, it's not too late to participate, the survey address is : https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OSG1

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here