Can't get anus clean - Page 13 - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Can't get anus clean

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#241 Shaun_tsb

Shaun_tsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hello,

Ive had the issue of not being able to wipe clean for several years, and having to go back to wipe even if I was clean when I left the toilet. I also had some pretty bad bloating.

I went to see the doctor and he checked my spinchter and it was fine. I had the camera up the back passage and into my lower intestine (absolutely horrific experience! :s) but everthing was fine. I had a stool sample done, and the doctors told me that spicy food and/or ibuprofen were irritating my bowel. I started avoiding these two things and things did improve, but it was still happening from time to time.

I have recently started drinking kefir milf (which I make myself from the grains - its very easy!) and Ive started taking fennel seeds daily, which has drastically improved things for me! Most bowel movements now I hardly have to wipe and I very rarely have to go back to wipe (even if I have something a little spicy) :)

Hope this helps!

#242 CarmenMT

CarmenMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

I can recommend to get a bidet. There is a brand that we got and has changed our lives in that matter, it's called Tushy and is affordable, like $150 for the basic model.

I had a severe reaction to the Tucks. You may consider changes in your diet to prevent leaks. Good luck!

#243 brianhks

brianhks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

I like to call this problem the crayon poo problem.  It seems like I have a crayon made of poo in my anus.  Every time I wipe it makes a mark on the TP no matter how many times I wipe.  My solution?  A Squatty Potty.  With the Squatty Potty I'm able to get everything out and with just a couple of wipes things are cleaned up.

I went camping this last weekend and my crayon came back, agghh.  I've now purchased the portable squatty potty :)

#244 Patch82

Patch82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:39 PM

I made an account so I could both thank everyone in the thread and also offer what helped me in the end.

I was losing my mind, where some of you have had years with wiping issues I was only about a year in. I had also attempted to get healthy and go natural. No chemical soaps, no plastic, no heavy processed food. I was at my wits end when someone in this thread or another mentioned their eczema. A few years back I was on a Vegas trip for work and the owner of the company I consulted got me a spa day. I never had one and they did all kinds of crazy skin stuff. When it got to the facial stuff the tech called me out for using bar soap. I asked how she knew and she said because of what it does to skin, she recommended for me to use shampoo instead of bar soap. Something about the PH. I did it and never looked back, it really does work. So a few years in I did some broscience and tried using selson blue, the stuff for dandruff instead of regular shampoo and the eczema I got every few months completely vanished and I've been free of it for 10 years... reading the comment about using the deordant and the eczema creme got me thinking. I went back to using the head and shoulders for my body wash. I used it on the butt area to clean up also. After 2 weeks the hemmoroid is visibly gone and I am getting clean with 2 wipes again. Like white paper clean. I'm not saying this is your answer but it is my answer and it might work for one of you also so I'm putting it here for the next person. I had a persistent hemmoroid for a year and a half that was causing leakage. After two weeks it's gone. Thank you to everyone for putting up your stories that helped me get here.

#245 basilgood2

basilgood2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:53 PM

I had this issue for over twelve months where I was having up to five or more "soft serve" BM a day with lots of wiping. 

I have not been diagnosed as dairy intolerant but I did try some lactose free milk and after three days I had a stomach ache for about three days with no other symptoms but the loose BM continued as before. 

Since going dairy free this issue reduced somewhat.

However, once I included some 100% raw protein isolate which is vegetable based, in the oat meal milk that I make for my breakfast cereal, my BM firmed up and I do not now always have to wipe a lot. 

Protein is a binding agent so if you have too much it could make you constipated.

#246 Pete80

Pete80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Hi Guys, I had this cleaning issue and constant irritation for a long time now, for years. As far as I know I don't have IBS. I don't know what was/is causing it. I found a thing that helps me a lot, so I registered to share. I'm not a doctor or any sort of, nor this is an advice, everyone choose to try it do so at your own risk. Consult your doctor beforehand. My method is spending the right amount of time on the toilet. When I go, I make my thing as usual, and pass the first portion (after which earlier I finished), but then I stay, and keep slightly forcing it. It is not a crazy forcing, just on an average level. I keep the "pressure" up for a few minutes. At first nothing happens, it feels like it is impossible to pass more. The solution is the time. You need to wait a few minutes, keep the slight pressure up - not necessarily more that at the first portion -, and wait. While waiting and pushing, leaning to the left and right or front to back might help (while remaining seated of course). You can put your hand below your belly and lean on it, if that helps. Have some breaks when needed, take your time. After a while (for me at least), another portion will come. I guess it is about 20-30% of the first ones volume. When that is done, I usually continue for a few minutes, till I feel that there is absolutely nothing more. Then, by keeping my behind well spread I wipe and finish. I never measured, but the whole performance could be maybe n the range of 10-15 mins. Normally in this case it takes only ~3 wipes to get clean, and not ~15 as before. Also in this case I basically feel no discomfort in the back later the day. As a side effect -probably due to the more efficient evacuation- I can keep my pooping frequency 1/day. Means I can make it in the evening, have a bath after that, and be fine till the next evening. I hope it will help other people as well.

• Colt likes this

#247 CreatingW-FL20

CreatingW-FL20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hello All.

My heart goes out to all of you.  After 14 plus years, I have not yet found the cause or fixed it completely.

I have times where I am completely free for a while and then the wet yuck returns.  I suspect if I could stay off ice cream for a month or two that I'd see a reduction in frequency.

In June I went like a month without any issues.  I was ingesting 1/4 tsp turmeric with a greens powder in the AM.   I think all the Turmeric blessed me with some kidney stones, so I have stopped with all that Turmeric.  I was also using a home made homeopathic remedy that I am not sure helped with this problem.  I also suspect peanut butter may play a role in this for me.

What I do to clean up with is to take cotton rounds and soak them in H2O2 and then wipe with that and dispose of them in zip locks bags.  I even use these away from home, as the zip lock bag is handy container for travel & disposal.  I use the H2O2 as I don't want any more chemicals from other wipes on my body.

I think someone earlier mentioned meditation.  I love mindfulness meditation and though it may not directly fix this issue, the peacefulness I get from my meditation practice helps with the anxiety. 

Helps with my peace of mind, in spite of this interesting situation...

Remember to water your seeds of happiness.  A good movie, music, a sunset.  Do whatever will rejuvenate your inner OKness.

Good luck to all of you.

Scott

#248 Xoxoxo

Xoxoxo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

I have been following this topic for over a year now and some posts gave me good ideas for experimentation.

I found a solution for myself that works quite well.

My problem: After defecation I often had a feeling that my rectum is not empty. Sometimes, after a few hours, a tiny rest came out. Sometimes I have to wipe for many hours every 30 minutes.

Currently, I tackle this problem with a combination of natural additives (I am not a big fan of meds). I use a combination of:
- Psyllium (~700mg)
- Curcuma (~600mg) (there is also a bit of black pepper in it)

- Cayenne Pepper (~500mg)

All of them are capsules. Depending on where I buy them I try to have at least 450mg of curcuma and cayenne per capsules and 500mg of psyllium.

I take 1 of each capsule in the morning and one in the evening, always after eating because of the cayenne.

Psyllium bulks the stool, while curcuma and cayenne helps my bowel movement. At least, thats the theory.

On most days it works quite well. Sometimes I have to wipe more often, but on most days I wipe ones and then after like 10 minutes ones again, thats all. Sometimes wiping ones is enough.

Maybe I will do some more experimentation in the future. Hopefully this will help someone like it helps me.

#249 Trytobenormal

Trytobenormal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

New member here.  I know what everyone is going through and it really affects normal life.  It's not fun when someone on a bus says "your ass stinks"......I know I wiped as best I could.....and I heard all the innuendos at work too.

I now carry wipes and hemorrhoid ointment.  You'd be surprised how much more clean you get using the ointment.  I travel a lot so I worry about TSA but so far it's not been an issue.  Just today, I'm wiping 15 times and the guy next stall is done in one wipe...... how is that possible???  Never, ever for me!!!

My only good progress was last spring when I started psyllium, exercise, and Naturenetics Flora Pro-Health probiotic.  Well, the reason I undertook that was I thought a woman was interested in me, but that never materialized.  I quit all the supplements and started drinking alcohol everyday.  I'm ready to grab my life back and was hoping someone here had some new updates.  I thank everyone for their candor because I know this is a difficult issue to discuss.

#250 MaximilianKohler

MaximilianKohler

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:26 PM

Trytobenormal, here's what I recommend.

First understand that this is due to gut dysbiosis - an imbalance of the gut microbiome, which is an incredibly complex ecosystem that impacts the entire body, not just the gut.

Next we can move on to methods of addressing gut dysbiosis.

First one is diet - diet is individualized based on each person's unique gut microbiome. Beyond "whole foods" you have to find what foods are optimal for you via an elimination diet - where you liquid fast then introduce one food at a time. I start with plain white rice.

Next you can experiment with probiotics. There is a guide in my signature. I would strongly recommend trying the 4 recommended probiotics in it while liquid fasting for a few days. For me, I don't see major improvements from that probiotic combo unless I take while liquid fasting.

Finally there is FMT (fecal transplant). The most complete option but high quality donors are extremely hard to find. More info on that here: https://old.reddit.c...ecaltransplant/

• IBS39 likes this

What I've found to be effective: http://www.ibsgroup....working-for-me/

Starting guide to probiotics: http://HumanMicrobio...Probiotic-Guide

FMT is the ultimate cure if you can find someone in perfect health: http://www.ibsgroup....-ibs-d-its-gone - http://HumanMicrobiome.info/FMT

#251 Fleet enema

Fleet enema

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:05 PM

Hello, I've got the same issue as 1990girl. I've had this issue as long as I can remember; we're talking 19 + years. I've been to countless doctors nobody can seem to find anything wrong with me.

The problem is I'm not completely emptying my bowels. No matter how hard I try, there's always fecal matter that remains inside of my rectum.

The answer is; "Fleet enemas"
I'm talking about the ones you would buy from the drugstore. They usually come in a two-pack. Get the 4.5 fluid ounce bottles and refill them with water.

When you're done going number 2 fill the rectum with water using the fleet enema and it flushes the remaining fecal matter out of your rectum.

This is the only thing I've found to relieve my symptoms.

I hope this helps somebody.
  • Patrick ibs c likes this

#252 CreatingW-FL20

CreatingW-FL20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

So I'm back.  And with GOOD news.

My short answer is, that ice cream or probably the milk in it, was my issue.

Once I eliminated ice cream for about 3 weeks my BM's became solid and I no longer have any disgusting leftovers that leak out of my anus, after, I have left the bathroom.

Longer answer:  In 1997 or 98 I began having a single pint of ice cream a week.  By 2000 or 2001 I was beginning to have BM's that left me with the ever popular left over leaking liquid residue.  I was consuming at least a gallon of milk a week with cereal and eating cheese as per my like etc...

In 2008 life was severely stressful and getting worse.  I began having 3 - 5 pints of ice cream a week.  FOR YEARS and years.  Around this time I also began learning about things like probiotics and how my intestinal tract really works, with all the good and bad bacteria.  I began taking probiotics, raw fermented vegetables...  Also in 2007 I stopped buying and using milk.  I would put water in my morning cereal instead.  Maybe real goat milk would be beneficial, I do not know.

But I was always good for several pints of ice cream a week.  I've always wanted to go off ice cream for the health benefits, but until June of this year it has been difficult.

On June 21st I wrote in my health diary, "No ice cream in 2 to 3 weeks".  Also that day I had my 2nd and 3rd clean BM's.

My clean BM's remained until the 15th of July when I had had a pint of ice cream on July 2nd & 5th.  Did this really take 10 days to affect my BM's?  I do not know.

On the 16th of July I did a Marathon on my rower.  I have no idea whether this had any effect on my BM's or not.  But after those 2 bad BM's on the 15th I have had clean BM's since.  I row 3X a week.  Ussually for 20:00, 30:00 and some times shorter workouts.  I am sure this exercise is beneficial.  Have been rowing since August 2016.

I have not had anymore ice cream since and my BM's are all clean.  They are predominantly hard and mostly pelletized.  They are also slow evacuating.

This is giving me a sense of possibility that has been missing for years.  I may actually sit in meetings again without any worries.  Stand in line at the super market with out any concerns.  Ride in friends cars again...

I hope you find what works for you and become free of this issue.

Best of luck.

Scott

6.2.19  Began having 2 or 3 probiotics a day.  I ran out of probiotics on 7.22.19.  We'll see how this goes.

11.24.19  Off Ice cream for over 40 days and Solid BM's are still my norm.  If I digress and have two pints of ice cream in less than 15 days I go back to the mushy stools.

#253 IBS39

IBS39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:14 AM

Hallelujah! Ive found something that may be the cure for this problem. Ive had it most of my life. Im 49. Makes it nerve wracking to poop in public. It doesnt matter what diet I try, what I eliminate or add, what I drink or dont drink, what meds the doc gives, or what probiotics I try. Some things exacerbate it of course, but its always my friend. I take Imodium when I travel to avoid it at any cost. And there is always a cost there. I once had poo samples sent to a lab. I was given expensive probiotics that only constipated me more. Recently my doc said to try Phillips Colon Health 4 in 1. I started taking it a week ago and eating less than 50 carbs a day. Nothing else special about the diet. Ive tried low carb for months to no avail. And today, voila! Dream poop! For me I am hoping this isnt just a temporary fix, and that this is the right probiotic for me. Update in another week.

#254 Vaughan G

Vaughan G

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

if anyone is looking to support my FMT Trial/experiment, will answer and report on anything my supporters want to know. in the hope to get real evidence that this treatment works.

expensive treatment but possible hope.

https://www.gofundme...cf share-flow-1

#255 CreatingW-FL20

CreatingW-FL20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

Just an update of ongoing good news.

In 2019 I figured out that my soft BM's and the lasting oozing fecal matter was mostly caused by my ice cream intake.  I hate to admit it but it may have only been lactose intolerance.

Either way much of 2019 has been free from that nasty issue.  I now have solid easy BM's, that are clean and leave no lingering after mess.

This is a revelation as it opens doors for me whether for employment or just being around people and not worrying...

So.  Hang in there, keep a journal of what you eat, and your BM's.  And in the mean time until you get your situation resolved, take time to enjoy a sunset, a good movie or some great music.  Talk with those that support you.  Check out Randy Felt Face on YouTube or if you prefer George Carlin.  George has a bit about his immune system, it's actually quite funny.

Be OK, even if everything is not OK.

Scott

#256 CreatingW-FL20

CreatingW-FL20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

So I'm back.  And with GOOD news.

My short answer is, that ice cream or probably the milk in it, was my issue.

Once I eliminated ice cream for about 3 weeks my BM's became solid and I no longer have any disgusting leftovers that leak out of my anus, after, I have left the bathroom.

So Life is grand or at least my BM's are.

It's 2.19.20 and my BM's are remaining solid and clean.

I'm having a single pint of ice cream about every 40 days.  Not that I am advocating that's what anyone else should do, just saying my humanness is still here.  But that single pint does NOT throw off my BM's.  I have found that I no longer think about the ice cream while I'm in the super market.

So here's to you finding your solution and regaining those solid BM's.  Keep a diary of what you eat.  And keep looking for answers.

Scott

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here