digestive enzyme suppliments? - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

digestive enzyme suppliments?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leeniepie

leeniepie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Advertisement
i've read a few things about taking digestive enzyme suppliments for ibs and other GI issues. has anyone tried these?

#2 kgordon

kgordon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

i've read a few things about taking digestive enzyme suppliments for ibs and other GI issues. has anyone tried these?

#3 kgordon

kgordon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I have been taking a meal replacement shake that is loaded with vitamins and nutrients that has digestive enzymes in it. I suffered with diarrhea for over 16 years and just having one shake a day has cured my diarrhea with absolutely NO FLAREUPS!!! IT has changed my life. The product is called ViSalus Meal Replacement Shake and you have to get it through a distributor. It is not yet sold over the counter. Its the only thing that has cured my IBS for the past 16 years. I am FREE of symptoms!!
  • Lam Phan likes this

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Please just post the name of the product. Email me for the name is a common sales person tactic, and we don't allow those kind of stealth (and unpaid for) ads here, so please avoid that kind of posting as it looks like a sales ad and most people who want to know won't message you.Also you probably want to edit out your email unless you really like getting a lot of spam. Spam bots can read posts for email addresses and people can safely use the private messaging system without having to worry about giving out their email address to anyone.Do not post links to your distribution page or do anything to direct people to buy this product from you if you are selling it. Just the name of the product and let people google for where to buy it is what we request all people do.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 kgordon

kgordon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Please just post the name of the product. Email me for the name is a common sales person tactic, and we don't allow those kind of stealth (and unpaid for) ads here, so please avoid that kind of posting as it looks like a sales ad and most people who want to know won't message you.Also you probably want to edit out your email unless you really like getting a lot of spam. Spam bots can read posts for email addresses and people can safely use the private messaging system without having to worry about giving out their email address to anyone.Do not post links to your distribution page or do anything to direct people to buy this product from you if you are selling it. Just the name of the product and let people google for where to buy it is what we request all people do.

#6 kgordon

kgordon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up!!

#7 Dreyfuss

Dreyfuss

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up!!

I have IBS C. I have tried the digestive enzyme supplements. They, like most holistic products, are expensive and useless.

#8 faze action

faze action

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

I took digestive enzymes for a few months and they did help in terms of reducing post-prandial bloating. You need to take them about 30 minutes before a meal for them to work best though. I think the brand I was using was "H-Zyme Prime" or something like that. The link below has some good, general info about enzyme usage.http://www.enzymestuff.com/

#9 Lam Phan

Lam Phan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

I have been taking a meal replacement shake that is loaded with vitamins and nutrients that has digestive enzymes in it. I suffered with diarrhea for over 16 years and just having one shake a day has cured my diarrhea with absolutely NO FLAREUPS!!! IT has changed my life. The product is called ViSalus Meal Replacement Shake and you have to get it through a distributor. It is not yet sold over the counter. Its the only thing that has cured my IBS for the past 16 years. I am FREE of symptoms!!

Can you update on how have you been? i'm considering buying this product. thank youuu

#10 Akn1965

Akn1965

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:52 AM

The side effects of enzymes is diarrhea.it can help bloating.on other hand it gives sever diarrhea.l used Digeston an enzyme tablet which contains pepsin,betain,Amylase,pancreatin,Bromelain,papaya,papain,protease.

It diminishes bloating and increases appetite.

Thanks.
  • jaumeb and Raw015 like this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here