Self Diagnosis of Odor Source W/O Use of A Third Party - Page 2 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Self Diagnosis of Odor Source W/O Use of A Third Party

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Allen.tannenbaum

Allen.tannenbaum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:37 AM

I'm spreading my thread around this website for others to see because its a simple solution and it worked for me. If your symptoms do not improve in 4-5 months then I'm sorry! Either way this worked for me and i hope it does for you too.

-Take 1 MAGNESIUM  CITRATE  supplement (150mg or 200MG)  three times a week (Monday/Wednesday/ Friday) after a full meal (after dinner).

-If you begin to experience diarrhea, then reduce the amount of Magnesium citrate to twice a week or even once a week. Make sure to take it with food! Not on an empty stomach!

It took about 4 months for things to get completely back to normal though… it did take a while…

-this is optional, instead of sitting on the toilet; you could instead place three strips of toilet paper on the group to make a tray and SQUAT, using the toilet paper as a collector. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that’s how we humans defecated before the invention of what we now know as a toilet. Obviously, you will only be able to do this at home! But it should help your pelvic floor muscles to relax.

The MAGNESIUM CITRATE (150MG) mixed with the SQUATTING, should help you pelvic floor relax and your anal sphincter to heal.

-Magnesium is essential for MUSCLE RELAXATION and FUNCTION. When I was going through this, I tried everything, and I was just lucky to have tried this and it worked for me.

If this does work for anyone else, please spread this, if this simple solution helps someone else, like it has helped me, that’s amazing!

#22 Robtibs

Robtibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:21 PM

This is about odor, not lg. I took a shower and put on clean clothes before going to a popular noon mass and sitting in the back (thank god!). The six-yr-old in the row in front of me kept staring at me and finally, when it was dead quiet, said, "Mommy, that lady smells like bread." Turned out I had yeast -- as in candida-- for years!!
Meanwhile my heart goes out to those with this insensitivity. Thanks to "anmegrl" for posting solutions. I'm sure they help.

#23 flankking

flankking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 10:27 PM

This is really helpful. Though sometimes, it's distressing to self diagnose.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here