THE GREAT LIST OF REMEDIES! - Page 11 - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

THE GREAT LIST OF REMEDIES!

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 Wendyintucson

Wendyintucson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:41 AM

Although it never helped me, I've had Doctors tell me that caffeinated coffee works, I take Linzess daily & 400 mg in stool softener weekly, which has helped me

#202 Gooby

Gooby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:17 PM

I fast once a week now, just for 24 hours straight. I like to call it 'Fasting Fridays." It definitely helps soften my BM's for the rest of the week. It's not hard to do either.

Glad to hear this. So far so good for me. If it works long term I will post in this thread about it. If it stops working I will post that too.
  • flossy likes this

#203 MT8

MT8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:41 AM

I am 45 years old. IBS-C all my life.
Miralax daily but not full dose is a great help. Find your correct dose.
Heathers Fennel Tea
Avacado for constipation. Find your correct amount.

For Colitis:
I cannot stress enough how much SOURCE NATURALS Womens Life Force Multiple Vitamin (no iron formula) (also comes in mens form) put my colitis in remission for over 25 years and stopped my intestinal bleeding and inflammation. Against doctors advice, I came off Prednisone and Meds and started taking this vitamin and it cleared up the blood and inflammation ever since.

#204 kellytan

kellytan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 09:18 PM

Ive been taking traditional chinese medecine and I have to say......its magical. If you can find a practioner, check them out.

Yes. I agreed with this option. I have IBS-C since July 2020. Have been trying stool softener, probiotic, magnesium and plenty of fruits and vegetables. I find that all these weaken my body and decided to switch to TCM. In Singapore, I am lucky to have to access to many Chinese TCM physicians. 

After one month of treatment with acupunctures and herbal medicines, I feel better but still not totally recovered yet. The only concern of TCM is the cost. TCM is slow but costly, it may take a few months to see progress. And not all TCM physician is skillful. It cost me about 100 USD per week.

TCM will usually treat as a whole and find the root cause of the problem. For constipations, they will find out what is the cause and will help you to strengthen the organs that are weak. It is a slow process, they also prescribed some herbs to help you go but it is not laxative. 

I am not sure about your countries charges of TCM physicians or maybe it is not covered under your insurance. But if you can, this is the area you can explored. Western medicine is very generalized whereas TCM is very personalized. I believe gut health is an area that everyone is different.

I am optimistic about my TCM physician because she has a patient recovered after six months of treatment. The patient was depending on senna for 10 years. Hope I am as lucky as this patient.

Appreciate the inputs from all of you and help me feel better that I am not fighting this problem alone. 

#205 Gooby

Gooby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:23 PM

Glad to hear this. So far so good for me. If it works long term I will post in this thread about it. If it stops working I will post that too.

Well, unfortunately, I am back to say that after a nice long run, it has stopped working for me. I am going to clean myself out and give it another try. I did recently change unrelated (to constipation) medications for high blood pressure, and this may have been what stopped me up again. New prescription medication for high blood pressure.

#206 Didi03

Didi03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:32 AM

I use the Japanese water therapy method (Google it, its a thing in Japan that is apparently very commonplace) of drinking a lot of warm water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I have found that for me personally I need more than the usual recommended 640ml (about four glasses or just over a pint) and I now (after experimenting with different amounts) drink about 2.5 pints each morning and I find that it works like absolute MAGIC! And I love it because its totally natural. Personally I also have a tea before starting the water as I just need a tea first thing in the morning. Used to drink a normal English breakfast tea but recently I have switched to green tea (I use fresh tea leaves in a pot which I think taste so much better and I reckon would probably be more effective than bags) as I find it even more effective. I have been using this method daily for around the past 6 years and it is 99.9% effective I would say, only the odd occasion it doesnt work when Ive been bad with my eating for extended periods (like over Xmas) but I find that if I dont go I just fast that day (which for me is easy as when I dont go I dont get hungry at all) then the next day continue with water therapy in the morning and that usually sorts out the problem. Obviously its not the most convenient solution as it does take a bit of extra time (it takes me around 15-20 minutes to drink at quite a fast pace) and you have to plan for the fact that in an hour and then again another hour after that you are going to NEED to be near a loo or your bladder might burst. But for me personally the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Before I discovered this method I would not go or not go fully for days on end, now its every single morning. The only thing I dont always stick to with regards to the traditional method is not eating for 45 minutes afterwards as my schedule doesnt always allow for that, so on those days I may be missing out on the full benefits of the therapy but I find it doesnt cause any interference with my main goal of making sure I can go every day.

#207 kellytan

kellytan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:00 AM

Can give this a try. Potato juice cook under small fire until thicken, add in enough honey. Put into a jar and store in fridge. Morning take one spoonful and stir into a cup of warm water and drink on empty stomach. Drink it daily.

Another product to try is Emergen Vitamin C.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here