Research on Women and IBS, please help - Research Studies - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Research on Women and IBS, please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Minnie May

Minnie May

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Advertisement
Dear All,My name is Marianna and I am a postgraduate student in Psychology from the University of East London, UK. I am currently looking for participants for my Master research on women suffering from IBS and I'd like to ask for your help. I am looking for women of any age willing to talk about the emotional side of living with IBS and the consequences this syndrome has on women's everyday life, their femininity and the way they perceive themselves, by answering some open questions. Rest assured that all the information you will give me will remain TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ANONYMOUS, according to the ethics regulations set by the University and the British Psychology Society.If you decide to help me, I will e-mail you an official consent form and an invitation letter where you will find all my details as well as those of my supervisor and university and the questionnaire. You will also have the right to withdraw from your participation within four weeks. NOTHING ELSE WILL BE REQUIRED FROM YOU, ONLY YOUR OPINION AND YOUR EXPERIENCE!YOU WON'T HAVE TO REVEAL YOUR NAME OR IDENTITY. I hope you'll want to help me with my thesis! Thank you!Marianna

#2 Korga

Korga

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Ok, [email protected]

#3 Cheezycm

Cheezycm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

If you are still looking for participants I'm willing to help. My email address is [email protected]

#4 cpr1127

cpr1127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Dear All,My name is Marianna and I am a postgraduate student in Psychology from the University of East London, UK. I am currently looking for participants for my Master research on women suffering from IBS and I'd like to ask for your help. I am looking for women of any age willing to talk about the emotional side of living with IBS and the consequences this syndrome has on women's everyday life, their femininity and the way they perceive themselves, by answering some open questions. Rest assured that all the information you will give me will remain TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL AND ANONYMOUS, according to the ethics regulations set by the University and the British Psychology Society.If you decide to help me, I will e-mail you an official consent form and an invitation letter where you will find all my details as well as those of my supervisor and university and the questionnaire. You will also have the right to withdraw from your participation within four weeks. NOTHING ELSE WILL BE REQUIRED FROM YOU, ONLY YOUR OPINION AND YOUR EXPERIENCE!YOU WON'T HAVE TO REVEAL YOUR NAME OR IDENTITY. I hope you'll want to help me with my thesis! Thank you!Marianna

#5 cpr1127

cpr1127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi Marianne!I'd love to participate in your study. I only have a BS in Psych, but I did a study for Sr. Psychology, and I know how important it is to get good participants. Let me know what else I can do - I've had IBS for what seems forever, but just have been recently diagnosed, and we are still finding the right treatment for me. Thanks for this opportunity!

#6 donnasam3

donnasam3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Marianna I would love to help with your research, my email address is [email protected] I will answer anything :-)

#7 jobal

jobal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

I would be interested in assisting. [email protected]

#8 hay_lo

hay_lo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

I would be interested in assisting. [email protected]

I would also be interested. My email is [email protected]

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here