Living abroad for 1 year - Traveling with a Health Condition - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Living abroad for 1 year

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kar272

kar272

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:21 AM

Advertisement
Hi I'm relatively new to IBS and so It would be nice to get some advice from some of the more experienced members!I'm going to live in Spain from September onwards for 1 year (as a study abroad student). Is there any advice people could give me about coping with IBS abroad for a long period of time? in particular what Spanish foods/drinks I should/shouldn't eat?I am really looking forward to going but I feel like the IBS issue is constantly at the back of my mind...Thanks

#2 kar272

kar272

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Ok, so Its been a couple of months since I've been here. All is ok with the slight problem of alcohol. The Spanish love a drink (as do I) but I'm unable to handle it most of the time. I also suffer from gastritis so I try and avoid alcohol but the temptations are too strong sometimes! Spain is very much a nocturnal culture and it took time getting used to but now I can manage ok. I'm also worried about going on trips with friends for a prolonged time (away from my apartment)! can anyone give me advice??

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here