Bloating / Ab Pain AFTER Bowel Movement? - Page 5 - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Bloating / Ab Pain AFTER Bowel Movement?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 kevokevokevo

kevokevokevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

Get yourself some DIGESTIVE ENZYMES, Zenesis Labs is a brand I've used as well as a more expensive one called Garden of Life, Raw Enzymes for Men.  In addition to this, cut out things like coffee and beer.  Reduce dairy consumption as well as BEEF, it is one of the worst meats you can consume.  I had issues digesting fatty things like oils and dairy, so whenever you are going to eat a big meal or a heavy/oily one, take an enzyme.  You can take one with each meal.  PROBIOTICS don't work, they are most definitely destroyed on the way to their destination, enzymes thrive in Ph environments and only do the first part of the work; digestion not absorption.  Also, hitting the gym and focusing on raising testosterone levels also helped me.  Once your body stops morphing from puberty it can do some wacky things so try to get out and exercise, yoga is great too.  Other than that, I have pretty much cured myself for the time being. 

The Gastroenterologist I saw wanted to put me on anti-depressants without performing one test...dropped his ass.  The other one thought I had an overgrowth of bacteria that like sugars, some kind of yeast, using the SIBO test.  Gave me antibiotics and fixed it for a few months, but it came back.  

My diet now is: low sugar, low processed anything, no chips, no ice cream, no cakes or other sugary breaded items, very few fried foods (i.e. fries), very low coffee (matcha tea is better), only liquor no beer, lean meats (chix and turkey) and fish, if I eat bacon it has no nitrates and I only consume once a week or so (pork products to a minimum), VEGGIES EVERY DAY, greek yogurt, fruits, nuts, and most importantly: ONE OUNCE OF WATER PER EVERY TWO POUNDS YOU WEIGH.  150lbs = 75oz of water daily!  Check out a book called "Eat Right 4 Your Type", it could shed light onto the root of all the problems.

*If you are super desperate for a reset, try a 3-7 day water cleanse...but be careful, because it can wreck you if you do it improperly.*

Hope this helps,

Kevin H.

#82 Wakawakadoodoo

Wakawakadoodoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hello. I am happy to tell you I think I have found the cause(s) of the problem. Like you all, I experienced this for many years, and for the past week have felt better that I have in years. All I had to do was stop taking melatonin/valerian pills to fall asleep, and seriously cut down on my coffee and alcohol consumption. No more cup of coffee first thing in the morning, and maybe one later on, on a full stomach, to keep the caffeine withdrawl headache at bay. No more drinking in the evenings and definitely no sleeping pills. My swollen belly has gone down considerably in just two days, and only gets big again when I drink coffee. If you Google certain vices you may have followed by the words "bloating" and "diarrhea" like I did, you can narrow down possible culprits and still keep the ones that don't hurt you quite so much. I hope this helps!

#83 naimaasman

naimaasman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:05 AM

I recently started experiencing bloating after my bowel movements and discovered that most of us Americans / Westerners have grown accustomed to "sitting" on the toilet, when in fact we should be squatting.  Squatting is the natural position for defecating and it certainly helped eliminate the bloating that I was experiencing after BMs.

Just wanted to share this with others in hopes that it will offer some relief...  If it works for you, please comment and spread the word so others may benefit as well cool.png

what-is-the-proper-way-to-poop-featured.

adivasis-defecate.jpg

#84 JimUK

JimUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Mostly, bloating is due to gas.  That's about it really.  More fruit, veg and fibre creates this.  Simple, really.

You eat more fibre to avoid constipation, and then you bloat.

To test the theory, spend some time on holiday without your usual diet.  I certainly noticed a flat stomach in the hotel.  Because I was eating less greens, fruit etc.  Then you realise there is nothingn wrong at all.

Try a few months in Thailand as I did.  No bloating.  Funny, that.

As for bizarre man-made medications, forget it.

#85 Cherryman

Cherryman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

Hi all, I can't believe all these posts. I have been having these issues for 3 years now. I have a gripping, burning pain across abdomen that radiates under ribs and this mostly comes after a BM. I had a great end of 2016 and 2017 with only a handful of flare ups and thought I'd solved it with probiotic and aloe vera. My latest flare up however lasted 5-6 weeks and it got me so down I was prescribed anti depressants to help my depression and anxiety. Also off work for 4 weeks. I am now having CBT and writing a food diary but just feel like I'll have this for rest of life. My bloods are normal. Just waiting on stools. Surely this can't just be a mind thing. I do get quite stressed and anxious but the pain feels like there has to something aggravating. I feel for everyone as it is so hard. People who don't suffer don't understand the effects and I am so jealous of them.

#86 L0ser

L0ser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

is there someone found a sloution for this problem , i wasted my life from 17y cause of it (6-7 years of this pb) ; life = time and it's hard to respect it with that, u need the loo every 30min every morning until the afternoon cause u feel after the BM that gases keeps produced in the lower left side of the colon and u hear thier sound and that's uncomfortable and annoying + some cramps, in the evening the part two of this nightmare movie starts again after another BM the gases keeps moving  and making loud sound not natural in my left lower side until the next morning (afternoon) , i visited many gastro doctors one of them i tried with him more than 22 medicament , i tried LowFodmap even that i'm skinny but no solution , i'm 24 no life no dreams .

#87 Mariana4

Mariana4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

What does Work:
Deep Breaths & Spitting water (bottled water cold). Just put like 3 cap fulls in your mouth, swish and spit.
That exercises your Vagus nerve relieving you of gas

I'm slowly finding ways to deal with this so doing that works when I run into a situation.

In the morning avoid milk! haha. that's the worst thing in the world. Oatmeal is second to that.
A bagel from a health food store (made without all the chemicals and preservatives) & Cream cheese (they make a good yogurt based one now) (Spouts Farmers Market)
or even White/Wheat toast w little butter & Grits & some fresh fruit (Bannanas, Strawberrys, Blue berries)

Also, if you want help with this just don't supplement fiber or eat high fiber meals. Citruscil is probably the only supplement that doesn't produce gas but requires a lot of water... a lot!

In the morning, wake up and have some organic Fennel Tea! . $5 for a box so try it if your reading this!
If that doesn't help, grab a small piece of toast and take some "Activated Charcoal".
That word scared me at first because its charcoal and doesn't "sound natural" but it is and its not bad for you at all. take plenty of water for best results. it absorbs gas.
Just think of eating 2 slices of really burnt toast. Sorta the same thing.

Wake up, have a glass of hot fennel tea
Piece of White toast (less fiber)
2 capsules of "Activated Charcoal"

& tell me how you feel!
I'm interested to see how you guys do. I'm not sure if I'm just having a good week/month or its working

If your constipated, eat almonds. Eat a good handful everyday. This WILL bring water to your colon so you can poop happily

#88 Mariana4

Mariana4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Im excited to try this tomorrow. I have gluten free bread and charcoal so thats easy . Ive been eating gluten Free oatmeal every morning with my one cup of coffee. Guess thats part of whats keeping me bloated. Pain every day. Been to docs, gastro, nutritionists, acupuncture, holistic. You name it. Varying kinds of relief. Flair ups are more constant. Been miserable now since 2014. I couldnt look 7 months pregnant from bloat! Oh but yes I can! And Im 72 so its a real drag in every way. Age just makes it all worse. Its exhausting. Food terrifies me then I get hungry and that too causes pain. Im swimming against the current and cant get a break.

#89 bc32192

bc32192

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:41 PM

Try Atrantil. It cleared this exact problem up about 90% for me. It has also worked wonders for others. I know its a methane problem, I just dont know why it refluxes into the small intestine specifically after using the bathroom. Atrantil only works on methane and hydrogen gas. I dont believe it is hydrogen (or at least not as much) because many of us like myself have been treated for too much or misplaced hydrogen gas and gotten literally no results. But when treating the methane with Atrantil, I personally got great results.

This is a horrible problem, I know. Give this natural medicine a try.

#90 mrcasual

mrcasual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:51 PM

TO EVERYONE IN THIS POST:

1. Please go and do a thorough check for chronic appendicitis.

2. Try to see if gas can pass when you are in a specific position, lie sideways,
twist your torso, lean on different sides, even try to be upside down. Yes, I am not joking.

3. Try a muscle relaxant (for soft muscles) and jump into a hot bath tub to see if that helps. As soon as you identify what helps, then you can narrow the causes of gas retention.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here