amitiza - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

amitiza

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 razzle51

razzle51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Advertisement
anybody on this med and have any side effects good or bad . and what dosage did your dr start you on....

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Here is some info on Amitiza:http://www.drugs.com/amitiza.htmlI am going to move this to our Constipation Prescription Medications Forum.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 stressedmess

stressedmess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've had success with Amitiza. I'm still taking it now. I have a bowel movement daily, an hour or so after I eat lunch. About a month and a half into talking Amitiza my stool started to look bigger and healthier. The only side effect i get is nausea and it's only once and a while and only last for a little while. Try not to take it on a empty stomach. I find it works best when you take it 15 mints after eating, it lowers my bloating too.

#4 DJR

DJR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

My Husband was prescribed Amitiza and it made him terribly constipated. How unfortunate for him because he has been diagnosed with colonic inertia.

#5 Muze

Muze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

I finally got Amitiza a week ago.Was so excited.BUT.....
All that happened was,I had regular bowel movements - but very hard stools which were hard to pass.At the same time I got VERY bloated ,felt tired and had horrible stale taste in my mouth.Generally felt yuk.
No nausea,no diarrhea,just felt bloated and uncomfortable - worse than when in my constipated IBS state. :-(
I have given up.
  • LindaFoster likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here