IBS and motion sickness - Traveling with a Health Condition - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS and motion sickness

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Janneke

Janneke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Advertisement
Hi all,Since I have IBS I have trouble with car sickness, especially during the holidays. Before I had IBS I didn't have any trouble with car sickness. Now, even with IBS medication, the car sickness persists. I live in Europe and usually travel by car to go on a holiday in a neigbouring country. Long car trips like that have become a real nightmare. Are there other people who are experiencing the same thing? Have you got any tips or advice for me concerning the car sickness? I've tried motion sickness pills, but without effect.Thanks so much! Janneke

#2 erinelizabeth

erinelizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

When I go out on the boat the wristbands with the pressure point thingy work well for me. I don't like taking pills. :)

#3 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I have a lot more nausea too. And I also notice I can have some trouble on car trips that I never used to have! SO I have been making sure I have a water bottle and some Ginger capsules with me. Ginger works really well on nausea. If you do not like the capsules.. try taking a travel mug of Ginger tea with you.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#4 masonmartin

masonmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:35 AM

Hey, what I have read IBS and leaking gas is normal, and smelly gas is caused by the bacteria in our gut, and starving the bacteria do not solve the problem, I just went through a couple of sites which claims to provide the fart pills you can check - flatuscents.com and pilulepet.com for more info. I hope this information will helpful to you.

#5 masonmartin

masonmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:01 AM

Hey, i hope you are doing well now, the probiotics can help reduce flatulence as there are many reasons for IBS gas, it takes time to find the root cause, you should consult your doctor, meanwhile, you can also take the Fart pills, what I have heard and seen in youtube videos, these tablets works and can reduce the smelly flatulence and bloating. You can search for flatuscents on google.I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here