Please help and discuss, NEED TO CURE! LETS ALL DO THIS! - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Please help and discuss, NEED TO CURE! LETS ALL DO THIS!

LG fecal body odor cure lg triggers

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Advertisement
Hi everyone,This is my first post, though I have been following these forums for a long time now and decided that I have waited to long to post. Like many of you, I have what we call LG. My case does not sound as severe as some people's cases I've read on this site, but it certainly is not a mild case. Heck, my heart goes out to everyone who suffers from this condtition no matter how mild or severe it is.I completly understand the stress, nerves, paranoia and self-conciousness that comes with LG. This is a condition that I would not wish upon ANYONE! I am absolutley sick of altering my work, social and love life around this deabilitating condition.Before I get into this I just want to thank everyone who has posted this section of the forum! Your stories have deeply touched me, as I can relate to many of them. I have tried so many of the cures people have listed, yet I am sitting here on these forums again looking for something new to try.There is so much I want to say, but I won't go through it all. But my LG has recently gotten worse in the past week after somewhat 'calming down' a little. And for the reason I am not exactly sure. Im not even exactly sure what I was doing to calm it, but I was following a few tips I have learnt from this site.Anyway, here are my common symptoms:-Smell as if passed gas without physically knowing-BAD smell, I mean bad! Ranging anywhere from a really bad 'egg' fart smell, to a putrid rotten smell, to a sewerage smell and even sometime a fecal smell.-Sometimes I have a warm sensation in my anus area, but this is not as common as my other symptoms-Nerves and anxiety make it worse! This is crippling because not a day goes by that I don't think of my LG. -People scratching, touching and covering their nose. Comments on something smells or the someone farted remark. Sometimes I can also smell it, at times I cannot (this is when paranoia comes in leading to nerves which normally make sit worse)-Friends saying something something smells like ###### or someone shat themselves and even is there a sewerage drain around here?-Sometimes I get constipated (even though my fiber intake is high) but sometimes I have a bm everyday (1-2 was normall daily for me before I 'caught' LG)-'Messy' stools. What I mean by this is I often can sit on the toilet wipping for 10-15 mins as there is always more 'mess'. Pretty damn gross, annoying and stressful at the same time.Those are the most common ones, there might be one or two more but I am more focused on the rest of what I will share.Some other notes on my LG are The smell coming suddenly without warning. Smell commonly coming on after eating 30-75 mins after. Smell coming on before a bm. Smell after a bm. And like every post I have read, one of the most frustrating facts is that I am a VERY CLEAN person! The most common smell I experience or emit is that of a rottern fart. It is quite often bordertlining an even more offensive smell.Like many of you I also believe that many foods trigger LG. Big no no's for me are: Cheese (wwhhhyyyyy), pizza, and processed foods. These include, 2 min noodles but more importantly processed meats. Processed beef ( McDonalds, Hungry jacks etc) gives me the WORST LG. This is when I experience the sewerage and fecal odor. It is absolutley discusting and I feel like doing is locking myself away from everyone when I get it. I do not get it that often but when I do and I am around people I can see it on their faces that they can smell it. I think some people have actually linked the smell with me, but most people look around for the source not knowing it is me. One last thing before I turn this into an essay. I have a symptoms that I have not read on this site. This may sound werid, but then again to someone who suffers from LG not much is werid at all. Quite often when I experience the various LG odors, If I wipe my Ass with wet toilet paper I often get fibre clusters. I cannot think how to word this properly but it is as if some of the material my boxers or jocks will be in my crack. When I wipe I often have them on the tp. What I find notable about this is after I get rid of the little flTaffs of material the smell completely goes away (temporarily) or it eases up alot to a level that I actually feel somewhat comfortable with).Thanks for your time guys, I would love to hear your resoponses. Lets discuss this issue and find ways that we all can rid ourselves of this extreme burden!Jason G,p.s I did not spell check so sorry in advance :)

#2 ThreeYearsAndCounting

ThreeYearsAndCounting

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

My clinical psychologist (cognitive behavior training to learn how to deal with this) had a patient prior to me (about 4 years ago) who had FBO like myself. I had my 2nd session on the 10th of October (6 days ago) and asked him to ask the kid (who's now a sophomore in college) to give an update on his life. Supposedly, the kid cured himself using Agaricus Extract (from mushrooms) that cleansed his kidneys (a source of body odors if kidney filtration doesn't work as expected). I bought it a couple days ago and it arrives tomorrow. The kid, like me, wasted hundreds -- if not thousands -- trying to cure himself but when his family went on a vacation to Africa for the soccer tournament in 2010 (World Cup? LOL, don't care about any sports other than basketball/tennis so forgive me), he met a naturopath -- who while never experiencing such a case (body odor) -- had heard of others cleansing themselves of all kinds of things (cancer, diseases, etc.) using Agaricus so he put the kid on it and the kid was cured.Can't wait for it to arrive...lettuce be cereal, chances are it won't work, but I want to be leaf. (mikey...)

#3 WTF

WTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Man you have gas incontience and I think that it is due to a weakness in the internal anal sphincter, do a manometey to find if your sphincter's pressure is good. Diet may help but in your case the rectum is in touch with the atmosphere so that's why everyone you walk through smells the odor. The last think that you are talking about is that because the internal anal sphincter doesn't close (the tone of the internal anal sphincter is not good) you feel the this warm sensation in your anus and if there is no hair down there you will that your ass is little wet. I guess that is why you find fibre clusters in your anus. And when you wipe it all the bad smell "wet" thing goes.I hope that you will find a solution. Some sufferers treat themselves with solesta or bulkin injections. I will tell you something and I hope that you will understand it... This problem is yours and you yourself must treat it, don't trust your doctor if he tells you that you are alright, fight for your problem and I hope you will find the way.DO A MANOMETRY!

#4 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

My clinical psychologist (cognitive behavior training to learn how to deal with this) had a patient prior to me (about 4 years ago) who had FBO like myself. I had my 2nd session on the 10th of October (6 days ago) and asked him to ask the kid (who's now a sophomore in college) to give an update on his life. Supposedly, the kid cured himself using Agaricus Extract (from mushrooms) that cleansed his kidneys (a source of body odors if kidney filtration doesn't work as expected). I bought it a couple days ago and it arrives tomorrow. The kid, like me, wasted hundreds -- if not thousands -- trying to cure himself but when his family went on a vacation to Africa for the soccer tournament in 2010 (World Cup? LOL, don't care about any sports other than basketball/tennis so forgive me), he met a naturopath -- who while never experiencing such a case (body odor) -- had heard of others cleansing themselves of all kinds of things (cancer, diseases, etc.) using Agaricus so he put the kid on it and the kid was cured.Can't wait for it to arrive...lettuce be cereal, chances are it won't work, but I want to be leaf. (mikey...)

for $$$$$$ sake people

#5 ThreeYearsAndCounting

ThreeYearsAndCounting

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

for $$$$$$ sake people

Huh? The psychologist is doing great work, but I don't want to "learn to deal with it" if it affects my social life in every possible way. It arrives tomorrow...Posted Image

#6 WTF

WTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Maaaaan the problem is in our ASSES!

#7 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

WTF, Thank you for your interesting comment. I have researched gas incontience, but I personally did not think that is what I have. I will definetely have a much deeper look into it. I understand what you mean, it is up to us all to cure ourselves. And it definetly will help with a number of fellow suffers keeping each other posted on what is working for them. What you said definetly makes sense to me, you seem to be very knowledgable so if you don't mind me probing you for information. What exactly is a manometry, how do you think it would help my condition and where could I get it done? (Thank you)WhatThreeYearsandCounting/Mikey: That is extremely interesting! Could you pleeaassee keep me posted on whether the Agaricus Extract works for you. Also how long it takes to 'kick in' and also the dosage amount you take. (If it works no more wasting money..... but more importantly no more F***in' odor!)Thank you so much guys!Jason G

#8 WTF

WTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

WTF, Thank you for your interesting comment. I have researched gas incontience, but I personally did not think that is what I have. I will definetely have a much deeper look into it. I understand what you mean, it is up to us all to cure ourselves. And it definetly will help with a number of fellow suffers keeping each other posted on what is working for them. What you said definetly makes sense to me, you seem to be very knowledgable so if you don't mind me probing you for information. What exactly is a manometry, how do you think it would help my condition and where could I get it done? (Thank you)WhatThreeYearsandCounting/Mikey: That is extremely interesting! Could you pleeaassee keep me posted on whether the Agaricus Extract works for you. Also how long it takes to 'kick in' and also the dosage amount you take. (If it works no more wasting money..... but more importantly no more F***in' odor!)Thank you so much guys!Jason G

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/umanalrectal.htmhttp://ibs.about.com/od/ibsglossaryae/g/Anorectal-Manometry.htmhttp://www.gastroconsultantsqc.com/services/procedures/anorectal-manometry/

#9 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

kidney cleanse / liver cleanses are not mainstream medicine, at the most they will do nothing, worst, they could harm you imo.Renal insufficiency might be associated with presence of odorant chemicals in the blood, namely ammonia, dimethylamine and trimethylamine. Its called fetor uremicus/ uremic fetor and its associated with kidney failure. You would be sick in hospital on dialysis if you had this, not "happily" walking around listening to comments about odor.

#10 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

and just to be clear, a kidney cleanse wouldn't treat kidney failure. I don't think it could treat anything, apart from an excess of money in your wallet.

#11 ThreeYearsAndCounting

ThreeYearsAndCounting

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

and just to be clear, a kidney cleanse wouldn't treat kidney failure. I don't think it could treat anything, apart from an excess of money in your wallet.

Research has shown otherwise. :) It extends the lives of those suffering from kidney failure...

#12 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

@ Ileo, ty for your post. What you said with those chemicals being present in the blood made sense to me, but maybe people could have this without having kidney failure. Us 'LG' suffers are pretty much acustommed to throwing money at possible solutions as doctors cannot explain what we have. (Of course I mean throwing money at something within reason). I will look into kidney cleanses and the potential harm before I try it. The Agaricus Extract that ThreeyearsandCounting suggested does sound promising to me.@ WTF, thank you again for your information. I will be looking into doing a manometry, it isn't a desirable procedure but anything that may help this this is a must to try. And I agree, the smell definetly comes from our asses.But also what ThreeYearsandCounting suggested could possibly be a cure. If the odors are trapped inside of us without going into detail, that also makes sense on what is possibly causing our odor. (Please keep me posted on your progress :D)I want to look into what everyone suggests. I am sick of living like this. When I dont have the LG I am as happy as anything. Enjoying my life with friends and loved ones. Then when the LG kicks in without warning, I'm paranoid and want to isolate myself which is impossible to do at work. This condition definetly is keeping us from our potential. Socially, career wise and Friendship wise.

#13 WTF

WTF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

I suggest to do a manometry to see if the internal anal sphincter tone is good... I believe that you must start from here. You will decide..

#14 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Research has shown otherwise. Posted Image It extends the lives of those suffering from kidney failure...

Weasle word: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Weasel_word link?

#15 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

as doctors cannot explain what we have.

this is defeatist don't you think~?

#16 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ok instead of my trolling, here is a contribution to discussion:Rectal odor - a framework for classifying the etiology and management of the symptom.Firstly, all this is speculative and not based on much evidence (it is very difficult to find any previous research on this topic). It is my attempt over the years to approach a symptom of odor from the anus, a symptom I have come to term rectal malodor, in a logical way. This is basically the contents of a larger document I work on.There are over 1000 research papers published on the topic of halitosis, bad odor coming from the more socially acceptable end of the GI tract. Researchers rarely address rectal malodor because it has such great taboo/stigma. This needs to end because clearly there are a lot of people suffering with this problem.Definition:Rectal malodor (rectal fetor, rectal odor) is a symptom that can be defined as an offensive smell issued from the anus or the perianal region that cannot be explained by transient, normal physiological processes. Basic classification of causes of rectal odor:i. Compromise of the seal between GI tract and external environmentThis includes impairment of the continence mechanism, but also pathological communications with the external environment such as fistulae. Lesions which mechanically interfere with closure of the anal canal may allow inappropriate transit of physiologically malodorous substances, such as prolapsed hemorrhoids or anal fissures.ii. Pathologically malodorous substances / pathologically increased odor of physiological substances passing per rectumThis category refers to expression of substances that are pathologically malodorous. Flatus and feces are malodorous in health, but their odor can be altered by pathological processes. Malodorous substance passing per rectum can be gas, liquid or solid (in reality it is air borne odorant volatiles that give the perception of malodor. Solids and liquids may still have odor, but this is only as volatiles are released into the gas phase). Examples could include:gasseous: intestinal gasliquid: liquid stool elements, pus, mucus, digested bloodsolid: feces, congealed bloodiii.Malodorous perianal conditionsContinuous/intermittentI also think it may be important to differentiate between continuous rectal odor and intermittent rectal odor. Intermittent rectal odor likely indicates competent continence mechanism. Dysbiosis/overgrowth might increase the volume and/or odor flatus and the odor of feces. Mechanism: more gut bacterial activity -> more VSC production -> more odor. This could lead to an intermittent rectal odor symptom Similarly incomplete evacuation of stool (normal rectal evacuation >90%) can lead to increased odor &/or vol of flatus and increased odor of feces. (reservoir stagnation -> longer time for bacterial activity and VSC production) However for continuous rectal odor, I believe there must be some compromise of the seal between the GI tract and the external environment. This might be made worse by pathologically increased odor of flatus/feces and causes of incomplete evacuation of stool , but without the compromise of the continence mechanism, there is no continuous odor. Continuous rectal odor symptom needs to be considered in terms of the continence mechanism primarily, and then secondarily in terms of incomplete evacuation/obstructed defecation and pathologically increased odor of physiological substances passed per rectum. Continuous rectal malodor is primarily a physical issue, treated by physical means such as pelvic floor exercise/surgery. Low sulfur/low fermentable carbohydrate dieting, dietary supplements to reduce odor, fecal bacteriotherapy, correcting incomplete evacuation, all these things are adjuncts.Management:The management of rectal malodor is cause dependent One way of considering the management strategies is by dividing them as follows:i. Reduction of odor and volume of flatus and reduction of odor of fecesii. Complete evacuation of stooliii. Increase competence of continence mechanismDepending upon the exact cause(s) of rectal malodor, different combinations of the above approaches may be indicated. Examples of the above management strategies (many, many others):Reduce odor & vol of flatus and reduce odor of feces-low sulfur diet-low FODMAP diet-antibiotics-fecal bacterotherapy-garments puported to reduce rectal odorComplete evacuation-retrograde irrigation-biofeedback-bulk forming agent (anti constipative)-antegrade continence operation-surgery for internal intussusceptionIncrease competence of continence mechanism-pelvic floor exercises-hypopressive abdominals-kegels/FI-muscle toners-injectable submucosal bulking agents

#17 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

@ Ileo: Wow, that was an amazing response! I have come across rectal malodor in my research, and I have tried many of he suggestions for a 'cure'. I'm glad to hear that you believe that it is a topic that is not taken serious enough. Your research is quite spot on from what you have posted as there are several different odors that are emits at different time and are always unexplainable. I will definelty look more into it now, thank you!Complete evacuation does seem to help but is obviously not a complete cure. It is frustrating because complete evacuate is now a hard thing for me to achieve. I remember before I started with these symptoms complete evacuation multiple times a day was a regular thing for me. After suffering from a condition like this my outlook will be so much different!I cannot wait to be cured of this 'disease' but until then I will always look into reducing or 'controling' the odor.

#18 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

@ Ileo: Wow, that was an amazing response! I have come across rectal malodor in my research, and I have tried many of he suggestions for a 'cure'. I'm glad to hear that you believe that it is a topic that is not taken serious enough. Your research is quite spot on from what you have posted as there are several different odors that are emits at different time and are always unexplainable. I will definelty look more into it now, thank you!Complete evacuation does seem to help but is obviously not a complete cure. It is frustrating because complete evacuate is now a hard thing for me to achieve. I remember before I started with these symptoms complete evacuation multiple times a day was a regular thing for me. After suffering from a condition like this my outlook will be so much different!I cannot wait to be cured of this 'disease' but until then I will always look into reducing or 'controling' the odor.

complete evacuation (>90% rectal emptying with each bowel movement) will reduce odor intermittent odor i think. But continuous odor i believe indicates a problem with the seal. Stool is mostly bacteria and water (90% bacteria by dry weight). The bacteria act on sulfur containing amino acids to produce volatile sulfur compounds (VSC). Other chemicals contribute slightly to the odor of feces and flatus, but greatest contribution is from VSC. The longer stool hangs around in the colon, the longer the bacteria will have to work on these nutrients, and the more time there is for VSC release. I call this "reservoir stagnation". One poster on this forum was cured through complete evacuation alone, but it only improved things a bit for me.I can think of 3 general reasons for incomplete evaci. any lesion mass that blocks the emptying of the rectumii. any reason why the muscles are not coordinating together to evacuate the rectum from the top to the bottom (e.g. in anismus, the rectum contracts first at the bottom, puborectalis, pushing only a small amount out, rest is pushed back up for a short while) This is like squeezing toothpaste tube in middle instead of from the end, some material will be left behind. internal intussusception another example.iii. any non-emptying pouch that is like a cul de sac from the main rectum, rectocele (men can get too, and can be anterior or posterior) / enterocele/ sigmoidoceleTo correct the incomplete evac, depends upon the cause, may need biofeedback, may need surgery to correct a pouch or redundant rectum/sigmoid resection. I used anal irrigation (retrograde continence enema, like a large volume water enema) to completely empty the bowel for one day. Normally I go 2-3 times per day, with this treatment in the morning I go only once. The problem is water residues are left behind, and they start to leak out sometimes several hours after the enema. This water has been in contact with the GI tract and seems to have picked up the odor. Even when I am completely empty of solid stool, a tiny amount of water leakage will give strong odor. This is why I say primary treatment probably needs to be focused on improving the continence mechanism. For about 1 week after solesta treatment, I was very constipated from pain, but NO odor. Normally with that level of incomplete evac would have been terrible odor. Swelling from the procedure gave a temporary air tight seal, and even with constant incomplete evac odor was 100% gone. I got very bloated during these days and needed to occasionally go to bathroom just to fart. Cruelly, odor came back when swelling went down. Now I wait for defecating proctogram, which I suspect may show internal intussusception or mucosal prolapse. Then maybe they correct that surgically and there is a combination procedure called levatorplasty, which can be done at same time to tighten pelvic floor muscles. If not, more bulking agent until seal is adequate I suppose. Not forgetting kegels hypopressive exercises, which are both supposed to strengthen pelvic floor, but I am very lazy to do these regularly. I feel there is no point until surgery to correct the incomplete evac. So, if all these fail, I go for colostomy. Looks like these can be concealed, but some patients have problems with leakage from the bag. Posted Image

#19 hadenuff29

hadenuff29

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Jason, by all means listen to any advice you want, but im telling you now the smells are cmoing through the blood stream. The bloke who said about the kidneys is smarter than he knows. The blood is overwhelmed from toxins/gases/waste from intestines in the blood stream. It has nothing to do with farts slipping through the backdoor.
mytummytantrum.com

#20 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Jason, by all means listen to any advice you want, but im telling you now the smells are cmoing through the blood stream. The bloke who said about the kidneys is smarter than he knows. The blood is overwhelmed from toxins/gases/waste from intestines in the blood stream. It has nothing to do with farts slipping through the backdoor.

why are you convinced that it is impossible to have odor coming from the anus? I would say that it is by far more common than blood borne body odor conditions. What about patients with fecal incontinence, is there odor to do with blood borne body odor too? Not everyone has the same condition...Re kidneys comment, blood borne presence of odorant volatiles can happen in uremia, but this is a serious condition associated with kidney failure. Blood borne body odor is most commonly caused by an overgrowth of bacteria in the gut, and less commonly caused by a genetic deficiency of liver enzymes. If you are interested in talking with others who have blood borne body odor, but it sounds like you yourself have no diagnosis of TMAU. I warn that the TMAU groups are very exclusionary to any without TMAU diagnosis. Try these links, they are more open to people with other types of blood borne body odorhttp://www.bloodborn...dhalitosis.com/http://breathandbody....proboards.com/http://www.meboresearch.org/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, fecal body odor, cure lg, triggers

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here