Please help and discuss, NEED TO CURE! LETS ALL DO THIS! - Page 2 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Please help and discuss, NEED TO CURE! LETS ALL DO THIS!

LG fecal body odor cure lg triggers

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Furthermore, I remind that fecal incontinence has a spectrum of presentation. It does not necessarily equal solid stool incontinence, it merely refers to involuntary (or reduced voluntary control) passing substances per rectum. This can be as mild as reduced ability to control gas, a mucous discharge or liquid leak.I suggest that blood borne body odor is a less common condition that "simple" problems with the continence mechanism. I already mentioned 2 suggested ways to differentiate where the odor is coming from: the air tight shorts and the underwear odor. I think everyone who is not 100% sure that their odor is coming from the anus could try these, to rule out blood borne odor.

#22 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

@Ileo: Man, this may sound corny but I don't care! Your story touches me deeply! I could honestly shed tears for you knowing exaclty what you have and are going through. But I would rather wait for that untlil we are cured. This condition does nothing other than define our lives (like you said). I have only suffered from this for just over a year so I cannot imagine how much more stress that would build up over 6-7 yrs. You are a very strong person! God bless you!I have felt like that too. In the last year I have pushed two girls away, both good friends and they both potential lovers at different times. They wanted to explore something more than just friendship. The reason that I pushed them away was I knew they could do better than me until I fixed my problem. Both absolutley amazing people, even having them as close friends boosted the happiness in my life. My jobs cause me more stress, But one thing is for sure... No matter how hard life gets there is always reasons worth living. Always! Even with this 'curse' life is beautiful. This condition holds us back from our potential, but we will overcome [email protected] hadenuff29:thank you for your comment mate! At this point of time I believe both of you as each open possiblities to potential cures. What would you recommend as a remedy? And also, if you have the time would you mind posting what information you know about the condition?Honestly getting this kind of response from different people is heart-warming to know that if you look in the right places you will find people who are happy to help you

#23 hadenuff29

hadenuff29

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

I repeat I have LEAKYGAS
mytummytantrum.com

#24 ileo

ileo

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I repeat I have LEAKYGAS

• Type "blood borne halitosis" into pubmed...http://www.ncbi.nlm....borne halitosis
  • Only 6 hits (highlights how little research is done on this topic). Excerpt from one result: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15752091
  • "A small but important percentage of oral malodour cases have an extra-oral aetiology and certain of these fall into the category of 'blood-bornehalitosis'. Odoriferous substances generated within the body and transported to the lungs via the circulatory system may, if sufficiently volatile, leave with the exhaled air and impart a foetid odour to the breath".
  • Another: "In blood-bornehalitosis, malodourant compounds in the bloodstream are carried to the lungs where they volatilise and enter the breath. Potential sources of blood-bornehalitosis are some systemic diseases, metabolic disorders, medication and certain foods."
  • These papers discuss blood borne halitosis, but it is also known is that the odor comes from sweat and urine in addition. This is because the blood goes everywhere (apart from brain) and what is carried in it will find its way into multiple excretory pathways. Some other researchers then came up with the term blood borne body odor to cover this.
  • If you have pathologically (i.e. not normal) odor from your sweat, then either this is a surface phenomenon related to cutaneous bacteria (bromhidrosis) or you have blood borne body odor. You can call it what you want, but the published literature disagrees with you.
  • Odor coming form the blood that is expressed in sweat, exhaled breath and urine is Blood borne body odor/blood borne halitosis.
  • Most (in fact I would go as far as to say all) people on this forum define "leaky gas" as odor coming from the anus.
  • "Kidney cleanses" will not cure blood borne odor from kidney failure (uremic fetor), you might want a kidney transplant instead perhaps.

#25 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

WORDS FROM A GUY WHO FOUND WHAT WORKS AND IS CURED: Hey man, i feel ya, anyways Im pretty much cure as long as my diet is pristine. I dont eat beef or cosume anything with lactose in it. Also I dont eat processed foods and anything that feels wrong. I drink lactose free milk and only eat pork/chicken/fish and other proteins. I am also very in shape and I exercise regularly whether it is strength training or endurance/stamina/speed training. I suggest you try what I'm doing too, I see you started, but try to completely cut out beef and processed foods. Once I found what worked for me I opened up to various foods that I felt contributed and found that some were ok to eat. So try to perfect your diet to the way your body tells you, I consume roughly 1700-2000 calories a day (I know its not much) but it works for me and my body is responding very well. I ONLY and I mean ONLY drink water. I don't touch anything else... I make exceptions for Gin on a party day only because it's very clear and its one of the best if not the best alchohol to consume. It works perfectly fine. I used to have crazy anxiety like yourself, but once this diet worked and I found people let down with everything, I began to become more positive, and say to myself if someone does make a gesture "he probably has a runny nose" or "nose itch" or something like that. Now that my head is more clear of the paranoia my symptoms went right down. Though I am not eating beef or lactose again. I will never risk what has happened in the last 2 years happen again. Message me if ya want to know more or wanna talk.PS. I think the whole "its all in your head" is complete BS. Also your sphincter muscles are working is BS too. Sure it may have a factor, the head thing definitely contributes, but personally from my experience its how you treat your body and how you fuel it. Try to live a perfectly healthy diet tailored to how your body responds. Listen to it.

#26 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

@DevilOnMyBack: Wow... You have blown my mind. Congrats on curing yourself! There is deflationary a correlation between the foods we eat and the level of LG we experience. No processed meats/foods and read meats sounds viable to me and is definitely doable. I do have some questions for you if you do not mind. (I do not know how to pm on the forum yet so I'll just post them here for now) 1. What were the most common symptoms you experienced prior to your 'cure'? 2. Did you find that all lactose products were triggers? 3. I have been experiencing lower back pain and commonly not long before or after lg comes with it. I am also in shape and healthy and do not do any heavy dead lifts or bad form exercises for me to justify my lower back soreness. I have read that some lg sufferers have experienced this, did you ever have it? 4. I have found that some foods like eggs and coffee, do not always instantly trigger lg (by instantly I mean one to a few hours after consumption, but do if consumed somewhat regularly). Did you experience this? Eggs I can give up easy but coffee will be the hardest for me. (I would still love to be able to have it maybe 2-3 times a week) 5. Are their any foods or supplements that you recommend for regular intake? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I have not been this excited in a long time! Thank you so much for giving hope and hopefully bringing me closer to ridding this disease. Congrats again on curing yourself :D

#27 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

@DevilOnMyBack: Wow... You have blown my mind. Congrats on curing yourself! There is deflationary a correlation between the foods we eat and the level of LG we experience. No processed meats/foods and read meats sounds viable to me and is definitely doable. I do have some questions for you if you do not mind. (I do not know how to pm on the forum yet so I'll just post them here for now) 1. What were the most common symptoms you experienced prior to your 'cure'? 2. Did you find that all lactose products were triggers? 3. I have been experiencing lower back pain and commonly not long before or after lg comes with it. I am also in shape and healthy and do not do any heavy dead lifts or bad form exercises for me to justify my lower back soreness. I have read that some lg sufferers have experienced this, did you ever have it? 4. I have found that some foods like eggs and coffee, do not always instantly trigger lg (by instantly I mean one to a few hours after consumption, but do if consumed somewhat regularly). Did you experience this? Eggs I can give up easy but coffee will be the hardest for me. (I would still love to be able to have it maybe 2-3 times a week) 5. Are their any foods or supplements that you recommend for regular intake? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I have not been this excited in a long time! Thank you so much for giving hope and hopefully bringing me closer to ridding this disease. Congrats again on curing yourself Posted Image

Alright I'm gonna list my answers to your questions and at the end add anything else :)1. I get random spikes of pain that were pretty bad (I still do here and there), I also stank (Goes without saying), I had mucus in my poos, I had trouble swallowing certain things and I believe thats it, the main ones atleast. 2.Yeah, I did many tests and lactose/fructose breath tests were included, turns out I was lactose/fructose intolerant NEGATIVE, so I didn't have either, but the test may have been ruined during the lactose test which is a very real possibility. I talked with some people who are lactose intolerant and even my doc and they said that even if the test results are negative, it can still have effects on you. So yes, I find lactose, specifically milk, is a trigger. I do eat butter and cheat a little with cheese here and there, but not too often. 3. to be honest I really don't know, pain is something I am very tolerant of and I play a rough sport (rugby) so pains really go unnoticed with me because I feel them so often. Though if it was serious I would know because I don't let things get out of hand. HOWEVER, now that I recall, when I stand for a while or sit down with not back supporting rest I easily feel discomfort and pain in my back and feel the need to sit down. So if thats the kind of pain you are talking about then yes, I do get lower back pains.4.Ever since my new diet I havent really experimented with eggs, as I've been eating bran cereals mainly, its something that i'll have to look into. I don't drink coffee but I do every so often (especially in the winter) have a cup of hot chocolate, which I had tried in my new diet and it seems to have a light effect on me, so I try to only have some if I know i'm not doing anything for the day or next day. Though I do know that coffee isn't really good for anyone, it gives you energy but a tip from me is that artificial energy is usually never good for the bowels, it stirs up my stomach and gets my gases going and is usually followed by a day of farting and stinking.Try to find energy from natural things (just google). 5.Unless you have diarreah and have somewhat regular poos, i'd say to consume more fibre, everything works a little more efficiently. I also suggest you cut out pops and crappy foods as you said, also try to stay away from certain juices. Its depends on what your body accepts, just tailor your diet to what works and what doesnt which is what I did. Drink a cup of water after meals, and more throughout the day, it'll help. Probiotics are always good, the brand differs where ever you live so just go to your local drug store and ask em. More chicken and fish than pork if you do cut out red meat. Gum is reallly not good to have, it is probably the biggest trigger for gas in me. I could rhyme off so many things you shouldn't eat. Really what I do is have three categories of food in my head based off of past experiences: 1. Fine to eat 2. Sketchy to eat 3. Don't Eat.category 1 is just foods that work for me obviously, category 2 is foods i havent tried and i'm not sure about so I will test them one day OR it will go into a sub category where food that does light effect will go and i'll consume it when then next day nothing is happening. category 3 speaks for itself. As far as anything else I wouldn't call it a cure, just a researched diet that works lol. I have to live with this diet until there is a cure found. And I really don't mind questions, i'd like to help as many people as I can so if you have any more that you may have held back ask away im open for it. I'd also like to hear how things are working for you with the advice i'd given you, whether it's working or not, we're all different after all so even negative feedback is good so it shows it differs from person to person. Anyways, if you have any more q's ask. And keep me updated!

#28 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

And hey j123, I was reading about your girls you pushed away. I can completely relate, thinking about it makes me sad but I learned that theres no room or reason for sadness anymore, just causes stress... anyways I had the opportunity to be with this amazingly beautiful girl who I found perfect, but I completely pushed her away from me and now shes with someone else. She wanted me, bad, I wanted her bad too. I just couldnt at the stat I was at. Even now I went on a date with a girl, reeled her in and ended up pushing her away. I've done it many times, however this one girl (the first one I talked about) always gets to me. Everyone asks me why I didn't commit, and I just tell them I couldn't without a reason. It hurts to think about it. I try not to, and just enjoy what I have going right now. I swear shes still into me, the way she talks to me in school is just like before, I swear she wants to but she is just trying to remain faithful to her now boyfriend which is completely understandable. Im sure you know what i'm getting at. Im not being cocky but most girls did like me, and still think im good looking but after so many attemps at getting close to me by them I feel like they've deemed me 'out of bounds'. However once I figure this all out I'll be ready. (even though I feel like i've got it handled I dont feel like I have enough data to hold a relationship).

#29 Brent

Brent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hey there. Thanks for the advice. Its good to know that there are always people to turn to when we suffer from problems like these. I just wanted to know, After you started your diet change, how long did it take for you to realise the difference?And 1 more question, did you experience constant loud stomach growls when you had the problem?

#30 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hey there. Thanks for the advice. Its good to know that there are always people to turn to when we suffer from problems like these. I just wanted to know, After you started your diet change, how long did it take for you to realise the diffrence?And 1 more question, did you experience constant loud stomach growls when you had the problem?

hey, let me get this out first, ive been testing and tailoring ny diet for months. this just seemed to be the last few peices of the puzzle. anyways it took about 4 days for me to notice anything after cutting out red meats n lactose. also yeah i did and still do get the growls n such. I also would like to add that i still have other ibs symptoms such as the gas/pains and backpain which is killer right now. sorry for any poor grammar/etc cause im on my phone. when i get home ill add anything i missed

#31 ThreeYearsAndCounting

ThreeYearsAndCounting

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

And hey j123, I was reading about your girls you pushed away. I can completely relate, thinking about it makes me sad but I learned that theres no room or reason for sadness anymore, just causes stress... anyways I had the opportunity to be with this amazingly beautiful girl who I found perfect, but I completely pushed her away from me and now shes with someone else. She wanted me, bad, I wanted her bad too. I just couldnt at the stat I was at. Even now I went on a date with a girl, reeled her in and ended up pushing her away. I've done it many times, however this one girl (the first one I talked about) always gets to me. Everyone asks me why I didn't commit, and I just tell them I couldn't without a reason. It hurts to think about it. I try not to, and just enjoy what I have going right now. I swear shes still into me, the way she talks to me in school is just like before, I swear she wants to but she is just trying to remain faithful to her now boyfriend which is completely understandable. Im sure you know what i'm getting at. Im not being cocky but most girls did like me, and still think im good looking but after so many attemps at getting close to me by them I feel like they've deemed me 'out of bounds'. However once I figure this all out I'll be ready. (even though I feel like i've got it handled I dont feel like I have enough data to hold a relationship).

*sigh*My boss had a wedding reception this past Saturday. In August, he told me his adopted daughter was looking forward to dancing with me so he expected me to. This is the boss I talked about in my intro post here about 2.5 years ago. He and his co-worker (my other boss) treat me amazingly (like a son) and help me out with everything (life advice, programming advice, etc.) so the least I could have done was dance with her (and she's a 8/10 or 9/10 in real life SRS with the only downside being she has a kid) which would have been awesome because she's a heavenly blessed beauty, BUT I said no to her (and some other people who asked to dance at the reception) claiming "I have two left feet...no thanks! I don't get peer pressured, sorry" while laughing, which is a lie. I used to love dancing (signed up for it in 8th grade and quit basketball team lol) but I was afraid of being on the dance floor with ~30 other people (it also helped that about 50% of other people didn't dance) because of my odor.At the same time, my clinical psychologist has raised my self-esteem unbelievably. I don't think about taking a shotgun and blowing my head off in a sewer 50 miles from the city I live in (so people don't find me and I save my cash-strapped family $10-15K in funeral costs). *SIGH* Thankfully, now I'm working out 1-2 a day HIIT cardio plus weight training AND eating healthy for the first time in a long, long time. Kind of think I should try cutting out red meat (the only thing I eat that you don't pretty much...I avoid milk like syphallis except recently when I've been making oatmeal...could try to make it with water?)Sounds awesome that you're cured...

#32 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

@DevilonmyBack & ThreeYearsAndCounting: I feel for you guys. Dammit this condititon is so f**ked up. Lets all just work on what gets us cured for good and then get the girls back into our [email protected]: Thats good to hear that your self-esteem and confidence has been raised. I think we always need to look at the positives in ours lives because as bad as we have, others have it SOOO much worse!@DevilonmyBack: Cheers, your a legend mate! What does your general day-to-day diet look like? And If you don't mind talking about the sauces/spices you use for flavouring your foods like chicken etc. Eating bland food is so hard after a few days. I have actually had a few days in a row where I have had very minimal odor. Not enough for anyone to notice (just like a 'normal smelling fart from time to time) and by God my confidence gets so high! I forgot what it was like to be my charismatic and confident self for more than two days! But then yesterday and today the odor is back :( Again I don't know what triggered it because I have been eating well. I feel like bread is ok for me but if I have to much it becomes a trigger.Thanks again guys! Your posts are something that I always look forward too :D

#33 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

@DevilonmyBack & ThreeYearsAndCounting: I feel for you guys. Dammit this condititon is so f**ked up. Lets all just work on what gets us cured for good and then get the girls back into our [email protected]: Thats good to hear that your self-esteem and confidence has been raised. I think we always need to look at the positives in ours lives because as bad as we have, others have it SOOO much worse!@DevilonmyBack: Cheers, your a legend mate! What does your general day-to-day diet look like? And If you don't mind talking about the sauces/spices you use for flavouring your foods like chicken etc. Eating bland food is so hard after a few days. I have actually had a few days in a row where I have had very minimal odor. Not enough for anyone to notice (just like a 'normal smelling fart from time to time) and by God my confidence gets so high! I forgot what it was like to be my charismatic and confident self for more than two days! But then yesterday and today the odor is back Posted Image Again I don't know what triggered it because I have been eating well. I feel like bread is ok for me but if I have to much it becomes a trigger.Thanks again guys! Your posts are something that I always look forward too Posted Image

Hey,
I apologize for the late reply, been busy and this got lost somewhere on my to do list. My day-to-day diet has a wide range but not really. I mean that I do have a limited selection of foods but what I can do with the limited selection gives me a whole range of foods I may eat. However, I'll just tell you the basic 'control' foods I eat that make up my meals. Breakfasts usually are cereal, usually raisin bran or some sort of bran cereal, make the exception for whole wheat or rice crispys here and there. If I were to eat something else other than cereal it'd be pretty normal, eggs, potatoes, perogies sometimes, I havent experimented with pancakes or waffles yet, something I need to do. All of this is ofcource made to fit my diet, so like if I made scrambled eggs I'd put my lactose free milk in it, and if you can apply that logic with the other foods I might eat. For lunch I will have a sandwich (im in school so it's standard) but in it its a meat that is not beef and no cheese. I get creative though in my selection of foods with vegies, etc that I might put in the sandwich. If I dont eat a sandwich and I decide to buy i'll buy fries usually. It depends whats around, I dont eat out much because idk 100% whats in everything. Sometimes Ill bring soup in a thermos which always goes down nicely. At home for lunch i'll have some sort of meal with meat(no beef ofcourse), I stay away from hotdogs because they are usually a mix of meats which include beef. I'll have a chicken sandwich, leftovers from dinner and really thats it, its hard to remember everything I eat I just know im in my boundaries. For dinner I'll usually have some sort of vege, grain and meat combo which works out nicely, ofcourse in my boundaries, I find rice/bread works nice and potatoes or green beans are good- today I have pork cabbage rolls with virgin tomatoe sauce over it, it was amazing and completely in my boundaries. For inbetween meals I eat whatever, Its hard for me to put on weight so I need to eat alot in my diet. Soemtimes I'll whip out some cereal, sometimes I'll eat a sandwich, it depends whats around.

Its hard to put like a daily eating schedule because I eat alot of different foods. Though its good you're getting some optimism for this :) I remember before I started this diet/regime I was depressed, down and out and didnt want to do anything. Though I had a couple alright days, which I was amazed at, and I found some confidence, just a little, and in those moments of confidence I could think clearly and optimistically, I realized that I needed to do something about it if I wanted change. I know it sound obvious and stupid but when you're depressed you really cannot think at all. So I started piecing together my diet which I know now today, and i'm still putting pieces together. Yesterday I went to the Sick Kids hospital and had my colonoscopy/endoscopy. I had so much fun there, chillin in my room watching tv and drinking/sh1tting, clearing out my bowels and after the procedure the doctor told me in the beginning of the small intestine from the stomach there was inflamation and mucus, where they have medicine for. In a couple weeks I'll have all the info but it was a great day, I've found what seems to be the beginning of happiness again. If it turns out the same for you, I think over a period of time you will have results like me for your diet. It took months, but right now I do not regret anything. I hope the best for you.

Also, I'd like to hear from you how things have been going since it's been 6 days since your last post. Have you tried anything new? Update me please :)

#34 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Hey mate,

No worries I figured that you would have been busy. That is awesome to hear! Do you mind explaining the procedure and how you went about booking or organising it?

I've been the best I have been for a long time this past week. Thank you so much for your advice. Everyday I am discovering trigger foods and filtering them out of my diet completly. I notice that you can eat some foods that I believe are triggers for me the big one being eggs. I miss them, more for the protien content in the morning. And everything lactose is a big no for me. Im going to try soy milk and zymil milk just for coffees. I had 1 coffee last week! Thats absolutley amazing for me lol.

Im sorry this is such a short post I've got to go. Mainly im just weeding foods out of my diet and finding out what works. The improvements have already been so good :D

I'll keep checking and keep you posted for sure :) Thanks for being such a helpful and kind soul!

#35 ThreeYearsAndCounting

ThreeYearsAndCounting

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

someone in this thread needs to take a shower

u are 1 ****ing cheeky **** mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil ###### gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol ****in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this #### ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil ****in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

#36 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hey mate,

No worries I figured that you would have been busy. That is awesome to hear! Do you mind explaining the procedure and how you went about booking or organising it?

I've been the best I have been for a long time this past week. Thank you so much for your advice. Everyday I am discovering trigger foods and filtering them out of my diet completly. I notice that you can eat some foods that I believe are triggers for me the big one being eggs. I miss them, more for the protien content in the morning. And everything lactose is a big no for me. Im going to try soy milk and zymil milk just for coffees. I had 1 coffee last week! Thats absolutley amazing for me lol.

Im sorry this is such a short post I've got to go. Mainly im just weeding foods out of my diet and finding out what works. The improvements have already been so good Posted Image

I'll keep checking and keep you posted for sure Posted Image Thanks for being such a helpful and kind soul!

What do you mean explain the booking/procedure? And dont mind pengu, its him voicing his inner anger for this odor. Atleast what I think. Posts dont have to be long lol, anyways let me know, ill be glad to explain anything. Also soy is probably the best tasting one if you decide to not drink the lactose free milk. Which is pretty much milk with the milk enzyme removed.

Glad to hear things are going well!

#37 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hey yeah i've seen him post alot in this section, half the time hes serious and seems like hes wants to help people and half the time he is trolling people with the same condition he has.....

I was talking about the colonoscopy/endoscopy, was it hassle free to book or did you have to see a doctor 1st? Also how much do you think it helped you with your odor and have you found out the treatment for the mucus in the small intestine? That seems really interesting and I wonder if that is a large part of what causes us our odor?

Ugh my odor has just come back now, im at home so thats good I guess but now I have to figure out what triggered it yesterday or today :S It has to be either to much rice, carrot or coffee (I had one today with lactose free skim milk).

#38 DevilOnMyBack

DevilOnMyBack

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I live in Canada and our health care system is really good, so I can't vouch for australia where you're from. However I can say I have a really good family doctor and yes I had to get him to book an appointment for me in the gastroenterology part of the hospital I went to. So it wasnt hassle free at all, I see my doctor regularly so he suggested it and I said yes. The day after my procedure I smelt, only because I went without food for 38 hours and I went to the nearest coffee shop, got soup/bagel n creamcheese and ended up eating alot that night. However the following day I was back to smell free and have been since (still on my diet ofcourse). I have an appointment with the doctor who did the procedure in a couple weeks to discuss the results of the biopies they took. So hopefully ill be getting treated for it after I see it. Im curious if alot of people with the odor have it, I've talked to people who have had the procedure done with LG and they said nothing was found, but my doctor went a little further than it says in the books ( a lil in my small intestine) and they seen something in there rather than my large intestine or stomach.

Keep at it :) It'll become instinct soon enough. And for the coffee (I know you adults love it and need it) but I feel abosolutely anything that gives you energy through caffeine and whatever else is in energy drinks/coffee is a HUGE trigger for me. I stay away from that stuff entirely, energy drinks, coffees, preworkouts you name it. I find gingerale is a good source of electrolytes and doesnt trigger smell at all for me, (gives you energy), maybe try it out. Try to keep off the coffee, or if you need it drink it on a day where the following day you're not doing anything.

#39 j123

j123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yeah I have heard that Canada's Health care system is one of the best in the world. Australia's is ok.. But so many doctors just go through the motions and do not treat their job as serious as tihey should.

I've just got back home now after a party and I drank tonight. I had spirits (whiskey and vodka) mixed with coke, so I will see how that affects me tomorrow. I kind of already know it will trigger my lg :( It just remains to be seen how bad it triggers it.

I also find that if I do not eat enough it triggers it and if I eat to much (even if it is 'safe' foods) it triggers my lg.

And like you said pre-workouts trigger it (high sugars) and also whey protein triggers lg. I am looking into Hemp powder as a source of pre and post workout protein (it has amazing organic nutritional content and hopefully will not be a trigger (fingers crossed)).

As far as coffee goes, I just love the flavour and the aroma. It is something I have always drank (since 15) and the energy boost is not a reason why I drink it. I know I will have to cut it out but it will be by far the hardest thing for me to stop consuming.

Im going to finish my post of here. Im drunk and feeling good atm. I met a girl tonight and actually went the distance with her. Wow it has been way to long for me but man does it feel good to be 'back in action'... At least for the moment. It actually made me sober up quite alot. Im suprized im typing so well lol.

I'll keep you posted on how I feel tomoz (lg wise).

I just want to say thanks again mate and goodnight!

#40 MGS

MGS

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

any of you tried the vitamin E thing yet?

I was waiting for you to try it Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LG, fecal body odor, cure lg, triggers

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here