Anybody feels dizzy with IBS? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anybody feels dizzy with IBS?

Dizzyness Pain in upper left abdomen Yellow stools

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zhr

Zhr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Advertisement
Had PI IBS-D for 16 months. The last 3-4 months BMs are more solid and much less frequent but now have yellow tint. Also in the last 3-4 months, I have been feeling pain under my left ribs and I am feeling dizzy. Dizziness seems to come 15-30 minutes after eating. Checked my blood pressure; it is normal when I am dizzy. I am not dizzy while fasting. I am wondering if anybody out there are having the same symptoms and if anything helped you. MR of the abdomen w and w/o contrast was clean. I wish everybody on this forum feels better soon.

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Have you mentioned this to your Dr? This isn't a typical symptom of IBS. I imagine one could feel dizzy if one is undereating or dehydrated from not drinking enough water though.
Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 LadyJ

LadyJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

I get dizzy too, especially during flare-ups. I have always attributed it to the vagas nerve. I have vasovagal syncope as well. Look it up, maybe that's what is bothering you too! If it is the case, dizziness can be prevented by always drinking lots of water and dizziness is also relieved by a BM sometimes.

#4 member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Same here--no dizziness when I don't eat. It usually happens during digestion, as the food moves through my pipes. My doctor says she's never heard of this happening with other IBS patients. What gives? Any suggestions? Obviously, not eating isn't an option...

#5 Tas026

Tas026

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

I get dizziness and the pain under my rib associated with flare ups as well. I always assumed that the pain under the left rib was due to the fact that that is where your stomach is located. Obviously the problem is more in the bowels, but I'm sure it can't be too great for the stomach when a flare up is taking place. My doctor said that the dizziness may be due to the pain experienced just before an episode. I get dizzy and to the point that I pass out if I don't sit down right away. Luckily, I am able to listen to my body well enough to sit down when I know it is coming, at least until I can get to the bathroom. Before we knew what was going on (when I was in elementary school) I would just pass out in the middle of class. My doctor said that sometimes when people are in pain they just hyperventilate without realizing it and the lack of oxygen causes the dizziness. He also said mine was probably due to low blood pressure since I already have pretty low BP to begin with.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dizzyness, Pain in upper left abdomen, Yellow stools

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here