Nervous - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Nervous

colonoscopy colon cancer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simply_inspired

simply_inspired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Advertisement
Hello, I'm new to this and needed to vent out a little bit. I'm 27 year old, female and getting my first colonoscopy done this Friday. The only problem I noticed was my bowel movements back in May when I noticed what appeared to be a line going down them. I have occasionally pencil thin stools and some diarrhea and I'll feel backed up when I eat "fatty" foods. I usually try to maintain a healthy lifestyle which is gluten free since I also suffer from psoriasis. But yes, I'm so scared and nervous to have this colonoscopy done. I'm freaked out they will find something. I've seen a few post regarding some people having gone through the same thing but not much information. I noticed it everyday before and sometimes now I barely see it or notice it. Wondering if anyone else can give me advice on what to expect for a colonoscopy.

#2 erinelizabeth

erinelizabeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Are you scared of the procedure or of what they will find?
The procedure isn't bad at all. I didn't feel a thing. The prep was the worst part. Just make sure you stay within constant reach of a bathroom all day. Stock up on clear fluids (nothing red) like broth and jellos. I didn't have any abdominal cramps. And since I had horrible constipation it felt good to finally "go" allbeit a lot!
If your symptoms have diminished I'd say that's a good thing. Just be happy that you are getting the procedure done and take it from there.

#3 simply_inspired

simply_inspired

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Are you scared of the procedure or of what they will find?
The procedure isn't bad at all. I didn't feel a thing. The prep was the worst part. Just make sure you stay within constant reach of a bathroom all day. Stock up on clear fluids (nothing red) like broth and jellos. I didn't have any abdominal cramps. And since I had horrible constipation it felt good to finally "go" allbeit a lot!
If your symptoms have diminished I'd say that's a good thing. Just be happy that you are getting the procedure done and take it from there.

Both. Scared of the procedure and what they will find. I have heard too that the day before is the worst part but I'll be glad to get it over with. I'll keep an update too. Thanks for the response.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colonoscopy, colon cancer

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here