linzess (linaclotide) now available - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

linzess (linaclotide) now available

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10509 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Advertisement
i called my pharmacy--cvs--yesterday and they do have linzess in stock.

hopefully the drug reps will be dropping off samples at the gastro offices real soon.

good luck everyone. hope linzess proves to be the magic bullet that will help all of us c-people!

http://www.frx.com/pi/LINZESS_pi.pdf

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#2 RailFan

RailFan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

i called my pharmacy--cvs--yesterday and they do have linzess in stock.

hopefully the drug reps will be dropping off samples at the gastro offices real soon.

good luck everyone. hope linzess proves to be the magic bullet that will help all of us c-people!

http://www.frx.com/pi/LINZESS_pi.pdf

Just picked up my prescription yesterday.  (My doctor didn't have any samples.)  I'm going to try it tomorrow.  I've been warned about the possibility of severe diarrhea with this, so I've cleared my schedule for the day.

#3 Majik Stuff

Majik Stuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

My gastroentologist gave me samples of linzess and i love it before i was on senecot and colace and only had bowel movements twice a wk now when i take linzess after a few hrs i go the only bad thing is u get gas for a hr before til 1 or 2 hrs after but gas x helps

#4 StacyP

StacyP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

I went to the pharmacy and they wanted 300 dollars for it..How on earth can anyone afford that?

#5 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10509 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

a lot of us were lucky enough to get insurance to cover all but the co pay. and for some of us, insurance first required a prior authorization from the gastro's office before they would agree to pay for it.  my insurance was like that but once the gastro submitted the prior auth, they paid for it just fine.  and first, before submitting the prior, my gastro gave me samples to try just to see if it was going to help me at all before submitting all the paper to the insurance company.

over on the constipation board there are several linzess threads and in those threads (can't remember which ones-sorry) i've seen a few people who were not able to get insurance coverage mention that they were given a "voucher" to help pay for it.  i seem to remember that one person, when asked about how they got the voucher, replied their their pharmacist found it for them. i think someone else  mentioned that they found it online.  you could try googling "linzess coupon" for find out more about this coupon or voucher thing..

good luck..

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here