Travelling to Europe with ibs - Traveling with a Health Condition - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Travelling to Europe with ibs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mitch1234

Mitch1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Advertisement
IBS and travelling

Hey I'm new here but thought I could share my experiences. I suffer from ibs d for the last 5-6 years. I wanted to travel and my ibs woes was not going to stop me even though I was so scared of what might happen. I'm writing this for others who might be apprensive about going on a big holiday. I'm here to say it can be done. I just finished a 2month and 2 week backpacking around Europe visiting over 20 odd places during this time. I have to say there was some very tough times when I was over dealing with it each and every day. I had gotten it under control before I left after seeing a naturopath and was feeling the best I had for some time. But being out of routine and eating different food and drinking a lot made it go out out of wack. There was some tough times but when you look back you remember all the good times that you have and those outweigh all the negatives. I did take a fair few immodiums along the way as they like most people allow you to live a normal life with ibs d. I hope this inspires people thinking against going travelling because of there condition. Don't hold back!

#2 tinh

tinh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Sounds a great trip and thanks for posting

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here