Uncontrollable shaking + other symptoms - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Uncontrollable shaking + other symptoms

shaking discomfort gallbladder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rustyhole

rustyhole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

First time post, and may I say what a wonderful professional site!

I had my gallbladder removed in October.  It did not have stones however had stopped working completely.  My symptoms were 2 or 3 periods of what I can only describe as "Heart attack style" episodes.  Not pain as such, just a feeling of tight chest, racing heart, unable to sit down, constantly agitated, all over the space of a few hours.  This was generally followed by a trip or two to the toilet for a loosish bowel movement.  I tried to pin it down to diet but couldn't see any particular triggers.  My docs initially stuck me on prozac and said it was anxiety, however when my gallbladder was seen to not be functioning the blame was placed on this particular organ!  The op was textbook and went perfectly.

The first few months were fine except for one episode (2 weeks after the op) one evening where I suddenly started shaking and yawning for about an hour and a half - to excess, I mean, 3 or four yawns a minute and my body shaking so much that I couldn't type.  After this episode I had no other issues, and Xmas has gone by without any problems.  BMs all normal.

I've eaten well and tried to keep to low fat as much as possible.

Last weekend I was stopping away with my daughter for the weekend and had a cooked breakfast - full english.  Around 10 minutes in to a zoo visit I ended up in the toilet (nearly didn't make it) and my whole body seemed to empty - I've never had Diarreah like it.  It was yellow.  I've heard of Bile dumping before but this seems to have been my first.

After this episode, i've not really felt "back to normal".  I've had weakness in my arms which seem to ache a lot.  Bowel movements are solid again, however I had another of the shaking attacks on Tuesday evening and another milder one last night.  I also seemed to have the same "omg i'm having a heart attack" foreboding that I used to have pre-gallbladder op.  It again was followed by two or 3 BMs which looked pretty normal, however the issues seemed to pass after this.  This morning my BM had undigested garden peas in.

I seem ok today however have been quite light headed, which seems to have persisted for about 2 weeks.

I'm wondering if my symptoms are more IBS related now after the gallbladder removal? I'd be interested to see if anyone else has had this type of shuddering episode?

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Not really typical for IBS hon.  Have you mentioned these symptoms to your Dr's???

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 jools182

jools182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Rustyhole

Did you find out what this was?

I started getting stomach pain last night, then feeling really dizzy

I got in bed and was cold and shaking for maybe an hour before it subsided

#4 ishylynn

ishylynn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I have both the shaking and the tiredness when I have a flare. I also have had my gallbladder removed.

These can be symptoms of fructose malabsorption or other types of malabsorption, and aren't uncommon symptoms of that. My blood pressure shoots up when I've had even a small amount. I think this causes the shakes and the feeling of being agitated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shaking, discomfort, gallbladder

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here