Stomach doesn't growl and just not hungry anymore, what could be the cause? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Stomach doesn't growl and just not hungry anymore, what could be the cause?

appetite hunger stomach doesnt growl not hungry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djkodon

djkodon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Advertisement

For the past 4 or 5 months, I have felt like ZERO hunger. I can go for days w/o eating, but I haven't actually tried that yet cause I know I will just feel like crap. My stomach like never growls anymore either? Like nothing. That usually tells me to eat, or switches on the light bulb in my head that I am hungry. I guess both go hand in hand but what could be the cause? I've seen my GI doctor many times but even he with a couple of tests and GI barium x-ray can't find anything wrong. It sucks cause not being hungry...well...just makes you feel kind of weird? Back then I used to get these hunger pains when my stomach is empty, kinda signifying I should eat even though I am not hungry. Now I can go most of the day and my stomach/intestines feel fine. And when I do eat, I don't ever really feel "Full". Almost like it goes right through me with no effects. Can someone help me out? 5 stars for a good and helpful answer, and please don't say go to a doctor, I have been to many and they can't seem to help me either! :(

#2 DEUCE CLICK

DEUCE CLICK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I feel the same way man. I don't ever get hungry nor do I ever feel full. I eat based on the clock. I was once 140 pounds and because I didn't feel like eating I dropped to 96 pounds. I'm 6 feet tall! I hope you still get on here and have some hope because I sent you a message that helped me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: appetite, hunger, stomach, doesnt growl, not hungry

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here