How to change my username - Website Help - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

How to change my username

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Advertisement

I'd like to change my username to something other than my actual name. Can this be done? If not, is my only option to delete my account? I hate to do that as I have posts saved for many years on here, and I sometimes reference them. 

#2 BQ

BQ

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14427 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Yes it can be done.

Please remember this is a group of folks seeking support on how to live with and manage IBS. THESE ARE ONLY MY OWN THOUGHTS. IF YOU WANT AN EXPERT OPINION, ASK A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

#3 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Can you explain how to do it? Thank you. 

#4 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'm not sure you can do it, but it can be done in admin panel the managers can get to.  If you let me know what you want your name to be I can get to it this week. I always have to poke around a bit until I find the right spot.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#5 Jeni Barcott

Jeni Barcott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

I just signed up for this site and accidentally set up my username as my actual name. I am a private person and do not want my name out in public, especially in regards to private and painful health accounts. Can my name be changed as soon as possible?

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

for anyone interested:  if  you  would like to cancel your membership and have your name removed or change your name etc, please send me  a PM and i'll let you know what the procedure is.  thanks.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#7 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

for anyone interested:  if  you  would like to cancel your membership and have your name removed or change your name etc, please use the contact form on the link below.

http://www.ibsgroup.org/contact

or you can just message me and i'll take care of it.   thanks.

Suggestion for new name:

annie7.1  biggrin.png

Wouldn't it be funny if we all started using annie then a number for our usernames? New members would wander onto this site and be like, "Why does everyone use the name annie here?"

#8 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10467 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

cute idea, Flossy....biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

sort of reminds me about a situation a friend of mine once told me about.  she had a friend who worked in a customer service/complaint call center.  all the women on the phones there identified themselves as "Rita" when they answered the phone.  that way, if they ended up having a disgruntled caller, the call couldn't be traced back to and blamed on a specific individual...smile.png

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here