How much laxatives you take daily ? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

How much laxatives you take daily ?

laxatives

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 paraAdrian

paraAdrian

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Advertisement
How much laxatives you take daily ? !
I am asking cause I cant go to the bathroom with out laxatives , i've tried going with out but can't.
Some days I use less but somedays I have to take more ., I take metamucil and colase sometimes pericolase and when I am really backed up I take ducolax.

#2 TheOutlookChild

TheOutlookChild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

I take 4 tbsp of milk of magnesia, use two suppositories in the morning and drink two cups of coffee. EVERY DAY. When things are REALLY bad I use ducolax or magnesium citrate (liquid).

• jakmak52 likes this

#3 TheOutlookChild

TheOutlookChild

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Or senna tea with the MOM.

#4 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

I only use a glycerin suppository to help me to move my bowels after I haven't gone for 48 hours. I know if I wait 72 hours it takes a lot longer for the suppository to work it hurts so much more to push the stool out. I have had to learn the hard way not to go more than 48 hours without having moved my bowels.

#5 oceannir

oceannir

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

I take 4 tbsp of milk of magnesia, use two suppositories in the morning and drink two cups of coffee. EVERY DAY. When things are REALLY bad I use ducolax or magnesium citrate (liquid).

How badly does this effect your lifestyle overall? Are the doctors recommending it? 

#6 SueL4

SueL4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

The past few months, nothing has worked for me.  I realized how bad it's become when I was unable to do a colonoscopy prep last week and had to cancel.

Things that have worked for me in the past: senokot, metamucil, ex-lax, fleet enemas, magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate pills and MOM liquid - all have stopped working. Yesterday, in desperation, I ate 20 prunes followed by 2 glasses of water and one cup of black coffee that gave me a little relief by nighttime. I tried dulcolax for the first time last week and I found that 2 pills don't work - I'll try 4 tonight.  The gastroenterologist wanted me to start on linzess last week but after reading people's reactions, I'm holding off.

I'm feeling the same desperation I read in many posts here in the forum.

Sue

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laxatives

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here