Fatigue/heart palpitations same time everyday? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fatigue/heart palpitations same time everyday?

fatigue heart palpitations weak dizzy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KtWalters

KtWalters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Advertisement
This has been happening to me for the past month, and I was wondering if it happens to anyone else. Around 2-3 in the afternoon and around 7-9 at night I get extremely fatigued and my heart starts beating crazy fast. I don't know what causes it. It's only started recently, and it happens every day when I'm not even thinking about it. I get so dizzy and I feel like I have to lay down because my muscles get so weak. I'm only 19 years old, and I have IBS really bad that started about a year ago. Maybe this happens because my body is starting to digest at those times of the day and takes all of the energy out of me? I have no idea, but its really scary. It's almost at the point where I don't want to go out because when this happens I feel like I'll faint. I literally HAVE to sit down or I can't function well at all. I'm going to call the doctor, but I was just wondering if this is familiar to anyone else? I get panic attacks, but this seems more caused by my IBS and the energy it is taking to digest. I hate it. Thank you!

#2 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

There is a normal drop in energy/alertness in the afternoon after lunch (which happens no matter when you eat lunch and happens even when you don't eat lunch), but I don't know why it sets off a heart rhythm issue, and that doesn't explain the evening issue.

Definitely contact the doctor there are things they can do to make your heart stay in rhythm, and when it goes off that tends to be fatiguing.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#3 Yukie

Yukie

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have those palpitations as well. My doctor told me it was normal. That since I was so tired I was more aware of my body. She said the heart regularly skips a beat, it's just that we don't feel it doing it all the time. At least in my case.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fatigue, heart palpitations, weak, dizzy

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here