Chronic severe pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Chronic severe pain

PainIBS diarrhoea chronic severe SIBO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leebe20

leebe20

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Advertisement
Don't know what to do anymore....I suffer from severe IBS pains and abdominal discomfort that feels like I have food poisoning all day long. I know there is no cure for this and all medications have failed. I don't know how to cope with this chronic lifelong condition. When I'm in pain I can't enjoy the things I love to do, i look back at the past before I developed this horrible illness and long for that time again. So depressed and feel hopeless :(. I want the pain to end so I can continue my life like a normal 22 year old male. Why me! Why do I have this it's ruined my life ...might as well be dead.

I have tried all antispasmodics, tests and diet changes including elimination...Im now on the specific carbohydrate diet and feel WORSE. I had a hydrogen breath test for SIBO and the results were high, although the nurse only gave me a copy of the scores and have to wait for official diagnostic results when I see my GI, which is taking AGES. I have tried 2 antidepressants which are mirtazapine and elavil the latter one I have stopped, they seem to have worked for a short period 1.1/2 months then they stopped working. I want to try buspar as i heard its good for pain anybody here tried it?

Thanks for any help at all.

P.s I'm on the IBS audio 100 tapes, and finding them to be not much help but they seemed to when i first started them I'm on the 30th session. Ever since they said I might have SIBO It started to stop working so I have stopped listening until I get the results.

#2 napoleonwrasse

napoleonwrasse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Have you tried biofeedback? Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? 

Those are often shown to work. I find CBT super helpful and am starting biofeedback next week. Biofeedback has been shown to be especially helpful and not just with IBS. 

#3 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hi leebee -

Regarding this:

" I'm on the IBS audio 100 tapes, and finding them to be not much help but they seemed to when i first started them I'm on the 30th session. Ever since they said I might have SIBO It started to stop working so I have stopped listening until I get the results."

Don't give up on the IBS Audio Program sessions - you have had IBS longer than 30 days, and it may take longer for you to see some improvement. If you do have SIBO, you still may have symptoms that are a part of the brain-gut connection - the sessions WILL help you to calm and settle yourself, no matter what the final diagnosis is - and will help you get thru the time it takes to wait for the diagnosis. If in that time, you find out you do not have IBS, or that you do have SIBO, nothing is lost in listening to the sessions because they will help you have some gentle calming time  - if you do have the IBS, then at least you are still on track with the schedule -

Please know that many people have used this process successfully and it can help - but it is a process, not an overnight cure - if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, or go to the contact page on the healthy audio.com site and they will support and help you - there IS still hope, so dont give up! : )  All the best to you....

• Nicole585 likes this

#4 leebe20

leebe20

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Thank you so much, I will continue the tapes as I found it did help and CAN help again. Will let you know how i get on, still waiting on SIBO diagnosis and treatment. I actually pray it's SIBO so at least they can treat it.

#5 CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Thank you so much, I will continue the tapes as I found it did help and CAN help again. Will let you know how i get on, still waiting on SIBO diagnosis and treatment. I actually pray it's SIBO so at least they can treat it.

Any updates?

#6 kiko khan

kiko khan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:46 AM

i had a 12 year nightmare that consumed the life out of me. nothing worked. sometimes even taking high concentration macrogol with a few litres of water didn't had an effect. a couple of years ago i was prescribed the antidepressant argofan which worked instantly from the first day in regulating my bowel movement (even tho it was prescribed for something else and the doctor warned me that it will take a couple of weeks before it has any visible effects). it seemed to me like i was given a magical potion! unfortunately it gave me other side effects and had to try cipralex which did not seem to work that well, and after that went on remeron which i'm taking now. it's been 2 years and i'm at a constant 80% from what it would be normal bowel movement, which is perfect and a blessing for me. the down side is that i tried for 5 times to half the medication and the constipation came back with a vengeance (altho i did not have absolutely any psychological downside). the musculature of the intestines that produce their movement is controlled by serotoninergic nerve cells (most antidepressants work by modulating serotonin)... altho my psychiatrist did not understand how it might work it resumed to say that my constipation was a result of depression (which i'm sure that it wast the other way round) hence treating my state of mind cured my bowel problem. i'm writing these lines because i know how desperate you might be and i hope you might get some relief. i also recommend reading about "micro-biome and bowel movement" and the miracles of fecal transplant (which sound bad but it's cutting edge medicine). and also guided meditations and hypnosis sessions are absolutely necessary in my opinion. some of the best you can now get free on youtube - search for "michael sealey IBS hypnosis", also "thereachapproach meditations".

i also want to tell you how much it helps to find some higher understanding. i myself, bypassed my desperation with reading science articles, novels and the most incredible thing that happened to me from all this torment was discovering "out of your mind - complete lectures by alan watts" it amounts in 15 hours of audio, and you can download them for free here:

https://kat.cr/alan-...s-t6285173.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PainIBS, diarrhoea, chronic, severe, SIBO

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here