IBS bloating symptoms or Gerd? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS bloating symptoms or Gerd?

IBS symptoms Xifaxin distension

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pectin232

pectin232

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Advertisement

symptoms I have:

1. bloatedness after eating or sometimes not even eating much
2. uncertain if it is the food [with gluten] or wheat/ dairy intolerant
3.feel breathless even during short walks
4. atheletic in nature but due to breathlessness and bloatedness - unable to work out on treadmill too miuch
5. 3 sinus surgery and taken a lot of antibiotics for the past 25 yrs.
6. when younger, was a;sp bloated but was not affected so much like now

read that the medication rifaximin (Xifaxin) and take two 200 mg tablets three times a day for seven to 10 days has help quite a lot of people with bloating and distension issues. Does it work well? I had 2 colonospcoy done and upper and lower GI also found nothing. Doctors unable to explain why I feel like way. Advise? This is often
the best way to deal with the chronic bacterial overgrowth that causes bloating and irritable bowel syndrome as I read from several medical sites. The other is metronidazole 500mg. sometimes when sleeping or even while standing I feel breathless. I have also taken Heather Fiber tummy and others like Peppermint cures and others. Weight wise I am average with no weight problems. 167 @ 138. What can I do? The doctor had prescribe Albuterol and Adviar which I have used and works well but I am trying to get to the root of the problem itself.. It is driving me nuts

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS symptoms, Xifaxin, distension

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here