Do I have IBS? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Do I have IBS?

ibs bloating belching fullness eating queasy intestines anxiety cramps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 librooks123

librooks123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Advertisement

Got gastritis in December 2012 (endoscopy confirmed it), which led to horrible anxiety and intestinal issues. Gastritis seems to be gone, but intestinal issues still there. No constipation or diarrhea, but horrible bloating, fullness, burping, and sometimes queasiness after eating but especially after drinking anything, even water. I look pregnant most of the time. No appetite or hunger whatsoever since December. Depressed. Small amounts of Valium/Xanax every day but trying to wean off Xanax. Miserable and housebound, force feeding myself 3 bottles of Ensure Plus per day (350 cals each), 1 egg with olive oil, 1 peanut granola bar, 1 small can chicken baby food. Lost 15 lbs in January but weight stable now I'm eating 1500-1550 calories per day.

Bloating and fullness centered mostly behind belly button, especially to left and within 2 inches below. Crampiness and urgency to go to bathroom as soon as I drink first 8oz. water of day in morning. Had endoscopy, gastric emptying test, blood tests, etc., all normal. Doc says some kind of "functional" issue meaning they have no clue.

If this is IBS, could it have been caused by the debilitating anxiety I had from my gastritis in December and January (anxiety is gone but I'm still a bit depressed and scared)? Gastritis was not a virus, but just bad eating, late nights at work, and some stress.

#2 Samantha Edwards

Samantha Edwards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

Anxiety and stress certainly affects IBS and it can also be a trigger if you haven't previously suffered from it - it's best to speak to your doctor though, rather than self-diagnose. 

#3 Jackmat

Jackmat

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

All your tests are now normal which is good. This is very likely a mind body syndrome, so read my recovery story below and good luck.

Laughter may well be your best medicine.

J A C K M A T

MY RECOVERY STORY ...... http://www.ibsgroup....535#entry810535

#4 Michael Cushing

Michael Cushing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:02 AM

I agree with what Samantha Edwards said.  Speak to your Doctor.  Some of those symptoms sound like Gastroparesis but if you've already had the Gastric Emptying Test done and an Endoscope so most of the top part of your Digestive Tract is working properly.  Time to check out the bottom half.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, bloating, belching, fullness, eating, queasy, intestines, anxiety, cramps

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here