Any tips? - Teens and Children's Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Any tips?

Teen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Amydx6

Amydx6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Advertisement
Hi I'm 17 and I have been living with ibs for as long as I can remember but progressively the attacks are getting worse and more concentrated...probably due to stress of A levels. I have awful pains and I have constant diarrhoea, I can be going to the loo up to 5 or 6 times a day spending house of the day in there. Also I feel sick all the time and I have a massive phobia of sick which doesn't help as it stresses me out making me worse... It's a visous cycle.
There are certain foods I know I can't eat mainly garlic I also know alcohol makes it worse so I
Avoid it however I'm 17 and that makes me socially awkward and I get lots of questions. I'm realtively open about it and will tell people but the symptoms are still embarrassing.
I now will freak our if I am invited to stay over at someone's to go to for the dy or go to a party and I feel all my teen,life is being thrown away. I have also heard my mums friends telling her I am not normal and I agree and this is why it is stopping me having a normal life and I don't know how to put it right.
I have visited the doctor and he prescribed me peppermint oil which relieve things a bit but only when you take the three doses a day but this is solo inconvenient when I'm at school or working meaning the only day I actually remember to take them is on a Sunday so they don't help much!

Has anyone got any suggestions??

Thank you!

#2 dylanmaille

dylanmaille

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

I know exactly how you feel... It's a hard feeling.

I am seeing a psychotherapist once a week. I tell him everything. He gives me some exercises to do and it really help a lot. Maybe you should try it. It's good to talk to someone about your problems. 

I'm invited for the weekend to my friends house for 3 days, 2 night and i already started to stressed out about it. I going to see my therapist just before going on the week and i know it will help me a lot. Also, sports help me so much. try to go for a 30 minutes run, every day, it feels great.

And, do not panic! Panic will make you feel worse! Take a dip breath, close your eyes, and calm yourself for 10 minutes each morning. 

I have been living with IBS for 4 years now, and i'm just starting to learn how to live with it. 

I hope i helped you... Keep me update.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Teen

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here