Traveling Abroad to Morocco and Spain, And Worried - Traveling with a Health Condition - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Traveling Abroad to Morocco and Spain, And Worried

IBS-D travel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IvyWinter

IvyWinter

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Advertisement

While im undoubtedly ridiculously excited for my trip this september, I'm also worried as hell. My IBS tends to come and go in severity, but the past couple of weeks have been bad, so I guess that's why I've been stressing over my trip. I'm not so concerned about the flights tooo much. The way there we are flying first class and it's overnight, so sleeping will keep any issues at bay. And even on the way back, at least there's bathrooms. I can live.

But I'm worried about not feeling well while im in both countries. I'll be traveling over 10 days, and im sure i won't feel well during that period of time. But I fear it taking away from my experience, or not being used to food and the diet there getting me sick (ill also be avoiding tap water from morocco and sticking to bottled, all the way). I'm traveling with my boyfriend, who knows of my problem, and said "well all you can do is take meds with you to try and feel better." And that's true. I'm just so worried.

I think this is more a vent and need for support rather than any sort of question lol but I needed to get it off my chest. 

#2 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I noticed your trip was this september, and it's september 30th today! I'm wondering if you are back and how it went??

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#3 amarie17

amarie17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hi, 

I can relate.  I took a trip last year and at times it was quite difficult.  I hope that your trip went well.  Unfortunately, all we can do is just go with the flow and deal with things as they come.  That doesn't mean dont be prepared with whatever tools you may need, but it means that fear shouldnt be in your way.  I commend you for going and not letting this get in the way of life, as hard as it must have been. 

For me, during my trip I stuck to bottled water, and I was in a developing country i just decided to avoid meats and dairy completely, which I think helped.  Other than that I was glad there was a bathroom around. 

Interested to know how your trip went.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-D, travel

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here