Nineteen years old 1 surgery and worried - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Nineteen years old 1 surgery and worried

constipation prolapse new symptoms scared back pain stool softeners

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steph281

Steph281

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Advertisement

Hi I just joined today and I am in dire need of some help and reassurence. I haven't been clinically diagnosed with IBS but i have a long term history of chronic constipation. I am only nineteen years old ( female ) and weight 206 pounds at the height of roughly 5'4-5'6 I am deeply concerned with this problem not only because last year it let to a rectal prolapse from straining and that caused me to need surgery, but because my constipation is back. At first it was fine but then I started slipping into a bad habit i have of binging. I have been told to do miralax at least three times a week but that doesn't seem to be helping very well. I have tried colace and so many things that it's becoming rather worrysome that nothings working.

Recently I have been having new problems which i don't know if they are related or not

- frequent headaches

- neasua

- swollen abdoment ( specifically groin )

- heavyness in my right arm

- pain in my right upper to middle back when i stand up or bend over.

I haven't had a complete bowl movement for like almost a week. I have pooped  but it's only like one stool and it's soft. I don't know why if my stool is soft, it won't leave my body. I am scared and I don't want to end up rupturing my intestines and have to use a bag for my waste. I'm way too young to have to deal with these problems is there anyone out there who can help me? It took years for me to get someone to belief that I had prolaps because of my age and now it feels like after the surgery the nerves in my rectum aren't working properly. I've actually had to resort to picking stool out because my muscles can't push it out even though it's soft. I'm scared and don't know what I should do. Please help!

#2 aaltimas1

aaltimas1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hey I started to have major IBS around 19 years of age, it almost killed me but I doing better now I didn't have same symptoms as you have but I did and still do have binging problems, I have a eating disorder that has made my IBS much worse then it would of been !!! In my experience I have received a tremendous amount of support from the mental health system for my mental health issues! Your not alone I too have had to similar things when it comes to going to the bathroom but such is life. I think the thing that has helped me the most is changing my attitude around IBS yes it is easy for me to say right at this moment when I only feeling a small amount of pain but I fought like hell in my youth trying to beat it and it just messed me up more! I am more relaxed about it now, I read other people posts and see other people who have worse promblems then myself and I have a moments of gratitude because as bad as its been some people have had it worse then me. I have been in therapy and on spiritual journey because of the IBS and in my case my IBS is primarily an emotional issue that manifested into the physical. Yes I am careful with my diet etc but I have this strange cumpusion at time to binge ??? Anyways just wanted to say welcome and you not alone you come to the right place! Peace 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: constipation, prolapse, new symptoms, scared, back pain, stool softeners

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here