Mental or Physical? - Page 2 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Mental or Physical?

fbo body odor

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 luckyhope

luckyhope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

See I don't have any symptoms of leaky gas. I don't have anything but heartburn. I take regular bowel movements and haven't changed my diet. I eat and drink everything but never got a reaction. I also have other symptoms that it's all in my head. I'm schizophrenic. I think many things that aren't true. I've been in the hospital like 4 times in 2 years. And never got a reaction when I was there. I even would go a week without taking a bath and that's the only time I got reactions. But they weren't extreme reactions. Someone came in and said what's that smell. And another patient said he hadn't taken a bath in a few days so it's probably him. I once asked my brother if I smelled and he brought up his girlfriend. He said she thought she smelled because her brothers and sisters use to make fun of her. He said she had vaginal and underarm odors. And that to him she smells like juices and berries. 

Strangers are nice to me. I even had a stranger in the hospital ask to borrow a shirt of mine. I have strangers sit next to me when there are open seats. Stand really close to me in lines. Treat me nicely. I even went and got my hair done. I also went to church and the people there hugged me and asked me to return. I've been in crowded cars with strangers and no one complained of an odor or opened a window. I went out to the bar and was drinking. It was crowded and there were people sitting next to me just talking. I went to the bathroom and someone used the stall after me. We sat there for at least an hour and no one did a thing. The bartender even came from behind the counter and hugged me for my birthday. Then he stood there in front of us and did tricks with the bottles the whole night.  I've gone out without taking a bath that day. And for the longest time I would take a bath the night before going out not the day of. And nothing. 

The only reactions I've gotten were a boy played with his hat around me. A boy looked at me and then whispered to his mother, Two incidences where someone said whew. That's it. Other than those I've never gotten a reaction. And belive me I looked for reactions all these reactions could easily be explained. The boy was playing with his hat because he was bored( we waited there for 30 minutes and he was there before us). The boy looked at me and whispered to his mom because I was staring at him the whole time he was there. One lady said whew because the door opened and she felt the hot air. And the other said whew because she was tired ( she was a waitress and waiting tables). Plus the same day that lady said whew my waitress rested next to me as she took our order. 

I went out for 6 months believing I didn't smell and got no reactions. I did everything I wanted to do. Sometimes going out everyday in a week. And nothing. This is coming from someone who thought her smell could fill a room. And could be smelled for yards away. My 7 year old niece rested her head on my lap twice. Once when I hadn't taken a bath that day. She also laid on my arm and fell asleep. I was out with my sister and we went to her friends house. The friend sat on the floor next to me. And we smoked a blunt. 

Remember all of this happened with no change in diet. I eat fish, eggs, drink alcohol, smoke weed, etc... Plus if my doctors are lying they would lie to me about my breath too. And they've told me my breath smells but just chew gum and use an oral irrigator. They said no one would ever complain of an odor around me unless I stepped in dog doo doo or something like that. They said they can guarantee it. So why should I believe it's a physical problem?

#22 Maria Slan

Maria Slan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hmm, if you have problem with your mind then you can continue to take the medicine, why you posted your daily life on this page. seem weird.

#23 luckyhope

luckyhope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hmm, if you have problem with your mind then you can continue to take the medicine, why you posted your daily life on this page. seem weird.

I posted my life in this thread because people don't believe it can all be in your mind. They think it's impossible to think you stink when you really don't. Maybe I shouldn't have written as much as I did but I felt the need to get it out. There are many people that suffer from this and can't find any relief. They come to these forums looking for answers and it feeds into their delusions. They need to know things like this exist. And can be treated. 

#24 Maria Slan

Maria Slan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

well, ppls have different reasons for the sickness, how can you so sure they have the same sickness with you? I do think your problem are really serious, since you re thinking you re in need to save someone but actually you re not. Please take some psychological medicine and get some rest.

#25 luckyhope

luckyhope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

well, ppls have different reasons for the sickness, how can you so sure they have the same sickness with you? I do think your problem are really serious, since you re thinking you re in need to save someone but actually you re not. Please take some psychological medicine and get some rest.

I know people have different reasons for their sicknesses. I'm not saying that my experience is the majority. It's actually the minority. I am on medication and get lots of rest. I don't see anything wrong with what I wrote. It goes with the theme of the thread. The thread was about if it's mental or physical and I'm just telling my story about how it was mental. I don't see why that was wrong to do. These sites have so many stories from sufferers of body odor but never has stories from mental sufferers. 

#26 Maria Slan

Maria Slan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

When I have read your post, I do think that there re something abnormal with your mind. (and you also confirmed you are having problems with your mind and still on the medication now). So with someone have problems with their mind, its better to go to treatment more than make a thread and post their daily life on the page.

This page is for helping ppls, and you are just the minority who is having problems with your mind, and why you re saying this page feeds into ppls delusion? You must know that the forum s not only for posting, it s also the proof for many of us. We showed it to the doctors to prove that the sickness is real. The way you are doing now, make ppls think about us as crazy ppls. Who would agree?

However, have you ever seen someone tell ppls that " I have problems with my mind then please believe me"? Will ppls believe you? I dont think so.

#27 pocketfullofposies

pocketfullofposies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Guys, i made this post in the hopes that others who are not really sure what they were dealing with, like myself, would find this thread and maybe question and seek help for whatever it is that is going on, instead of taking everyone's word on here as 100% applicable to themselves. From what I've gathered not everyone's symptoms are the same, nor is everyone sure from where the odor is coming from, in regards to finding one solid answer for everyone visiting these forums.

If you've been diagnosed or have really got it down what is really going on with your own body, then that's really awesome and you've gotten through the first and maybe hardest step there is to go through when dealing with all of this. And maybe that's why this thread might be causing some issues with some people because it really sucks when you have no idea what IS going on. But what may be even worse is believing you have something specifically and seeking treatment for that, when it can be something different.

Im going to be completely honest and say i have really no idea what is going on. Maybe at one point i did have a body odor, i don't know and right now it would be super confusing and frustrating to even process or understand all that i went through before, when all i know is what i am going through now.

From what i'm noticing from others is that my breath smells and i cant help but maybe think it ties into me having a body odor or believing i did. I went to a doctor and told me it might have something to do with the foods that im eating and the toxins bacteria leave behind entering my blood stream through the intestine, and from my blood into my lungs, to the air i breathe out. So im gathering that i dont have enough good bacteria in my gut to counteract the bad.

I know i said this was completely a mental delusion i was experiencing. Either it was or it wasnt, but im sure now that i dont have the body odor that i was thought i did. And I know if i didnt seek help i would have been stuck believing it was something when it wasnt any longer.

I say all this not to convince people this is the same for everyone, but maybe for some it might be. Trust your gut guys (pun fing intended lol). You know your body better than anyone else can and if something doesnt click or make sense in regards to yourself then maybe its not right. We can all get through this once we know what it is we're dealing with exactly. And as always im here if anyone wants to message me, whether its about all this or the new x-men movie thats coming out and hoping they dont mess it up like the first few haha.

I wish everyone well :)

#28 luckyhope

luckyhope

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Guys, i made this post in the hopes that others who are not really sure what they were dealing with, like myself, would find this thread and maybe question and seek help for whatever it is that is going on, instead of taking everyone's word on here as 100% applicable to themselves. From what I've gathered not everyone's symptoms are the same, nor is everyone sure from where the odor is coming from, in regards to finding one solid answer for everyone visiting these forums.

If you've been diagnosed or have really got it down what is really going on with your own body, then that's really awesome and you've gotten through the first and maybe hardest step there is to go through when dealing with all of this. And maybe that's why this thread might be causing some issues with some people because it really sucks when you have no idea what IS going on. But what may be even worse is believing you have something specifically and seeking treatment for that, when it can be something different.

Im going to be completely honest and say i have really no idea what is going on. Maybe at one point i did have a body odor, i don't know and right now it would be super confusing and frustrating to even process or understand all that i went through before, when all i know is what i am going through now.

From what i'm noticing from others is that my breath smells and i cant help but maybe think it ties into me having a body odor or believing i did. I went to a doctor and told me it might have something to do with the foods that im eating and the toxins bacteria leave behind entering my blood stream through the intestine, and from my blood into my lungs, to the air i breathe out. So im gathering that i dont have enough good bacteria in my gut to counteract the bad.

I know i said this was completely a mental delusion i was experiencing. Either it was or it wasnt, but im sure now that i dont have the body odor that i was thought i did. And I know if i didnt seek help i would have been stuck believing it was something when it wasnt any longer.

I say all this not to convince people this is the same for everyone, but maybe for some it might be. Trust your gut guys (pun fing intended lol). You know your body better than anyone else can and if something doesnt click or make sense in regards to yourself then maybe its not right. We can all get through this once we know what it is we're dealing with exactly. And as always im here if anyone wants to message me, whether its about all this or the new x-men movie thats coming out and hoping they dont mess it up like the first few haha.

I wish everyone well smile.png

Thank you...That is exactly what I was trying to say but couldn't find the words. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fbo, body odor

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here