Yellow skin! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Yellow skin!

Yellow skin Liver Diarrhea IBS Untreated Insomnia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jojo198

Jojo198

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Advertisement
Hi!
I was dx with IBS 10 yrs ago, was put on a magnificent drug but it was recalled (Zelnorm). I moved a couple times to go to undergrad then grad and never found another doc. So I have gone untreated for several years. Well, over the past 6 months friends have noticed my skin looks yellow/orangish. I do NOT have yellow conjunctiva though. Does anyone have this problem? Should I be worried bout liver problems?
Thanks!
(I get chills when going and I have D like 4 times a day, and it contains chunks of food. I feel as if food just passes through undigested and I am malnourished. I also can not sleep... Like legit sleep 3-4 hrs a day if I am lucky.)

#2 Jojo198

Jojo198

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for replying! And I have not had mine checked. Hypo or hyperthyroid causes yellow skin?

#3 Dianaearnshaw

Dianaearnshaw

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Is the discolouring general or just in places?

#4 Jojo198

Jojo198

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

My whole body is tinted yellow but my hands are extremely discolored, especially my palms and the crease of my wrist.

#5 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

I would have a doctor look at this and get some blood tests run to see what may be going on.  This isn't typical for IBS.

Do you eat a particularly odd diet (like eat mostly carrots)?  Some of the yellow-orange pigments can discolor the skin, but it usually takes a lot and even if you eat a bag of carrots a day you do need to get some standard blood tests run.

My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yellow skin, Liver, Diarrhea, IBS, Untreated, Insomnia

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here